Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Ampeg SVP BSP preamp PRICE DROP
£350

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]Selling my trust Ampeg[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]Ampeg SVP BSP.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]It is a 2 channel preamp with a clean and drive channel. They can be blended together. It is the signature model for Billy Sheehan and was effectively Ampeg's version of the old and no longer available Pearce BC-1 preamp.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]It has all the usual massive Ampeg bass tone with a 3 band EQ on the clean side, input pad, Ultra High and Low swtiches and a built in compressor. The Compressor is just an on / off but it's still quite handy.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]The drive channel has Gain, Bass, Mids & Mid Freq, Treble, Vol and also has a noise gate and an extra gain boost on push pull pots. The noise gate is definitely needed when the gain is up full![/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]The magic happens when the channels are combined - super deep Ampeg lows with grind on top. It will do subtle and it will do filth.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]I'm selling because I now have a Helix and because I don't use a lot of bass drive anymore as I'm getting more jazzy in my old age.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]It's in good nick but has a few scratches from it being rack mounted.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]For the full skinny here is a link to the instruction manual[/font][/color]

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/svp-bsp.pdf"]http://www.ampeg.com...als/svp-bsp.pdf[/url]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]To be honest I have no idea of the current value. I think I paid about £475 for it used but that was years ago Or maybe that was the first one I had (I've had 2). The only one on ebay is a completed listing in Canada at an equivalent of about £365[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]So I'll say £[s]350.00[/s] ono - collected from Northants. [/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]If I'm massively out on current values (up or down :) ) then let me know - I won't be offended.[/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]ta[/font][/color]

[s][color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]EDIT - price drop to £300[/font][/color][/s]

[s][color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]EDIT - Price drop to £275[/font][/color][/s]
[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif][u][b]EDIT - Price drop to £250[/b][/u][/font][/color]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif]Also - I've had trade enquiries - the only thing I would consider would be a Fender MIM precision bass. And it must be black. [/font][/color]

Edited by fretmeister

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1495703545' post='3305933']
Mmmmm interesting...

Looks like the front end of my SVT 5 Pro.

This will sound monstrous. The deep clean combined with a bit of "Hair" is divine..
[/quote]

It is! And yes they do! :) :) The BSP formed the 'front end' of my gear for many years indeed and given that these are rare and an absolutely treat, the price is very good indeed too!

Bump!

Cmon guys! I really really really need to buy a Precision bass. Can't do it until this goes!

I would consider a trade for a Fender MIM precision - as long as it's black. Not that fussed about the fingerboard as I like both rosewood and maple.

Edited by fretmeister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Shane0410' timestamp='1500577782' post='3338890']
Pardon my ignorance but do i have to mate this with an amp of my choice... regards shane
[/quote]

Yes. Or a dedicated power amp.

If using a regular head, just take the output and plug it into the FX return on the amp to bypass the amp preamp. That's how I used it - into the fx return of a Tecamp Puma.

Brilliant sounding thing but I have a Helix now.

• 4 weeks later...