Why become a member? ×

RIP Chris Cornell

yorick

Biggest shocking one since Kurt for me, my immediate circle of proper friends from school, college and uni etc are all massive fans, most of us passed our driving tests between around 1993-1995 so most journeys involved some sound garden, not crashing a car while air drumming to rusty cage is a skill in itself! In fact I think my friend might have crashed his Nissan micra through a hedge whilst enjoying some sound garden.

Ah man :(

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1495098615' post='3301207']
Yes, I was more than gobsmacked to've just read that in the online Guardian. Soundgarden were the only band from the grunge scene i like, definitely a cut above.Saw them a few years ago playing Brum. A quality. live act. .
[/quote]

Was that the gig where both Ampegs failed and he gave the bass away to a friend in the audience?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1495099979' post='3301224']
Biggest shocking one since Kurt for me, my immediate circle of proper friends from school, college and uni etc are all massive fans, most of us passed our driving tests between around 1993-1995 so most journeys involved some sound garden, not crashing a car while air drumming to rusty cage is a skill in itself! In fact I think my friend might have crashed his Nissan micra through a hedge whilst enjoying some sound garden.

Ah man :(
[/quote]

Aye....it literally is one of the key bands I got into at what...13 years old. Superunknown just hasn't aged....well it has but more like a fine wine!

Kurt's passing was a big deal for me, as well as Tony Sly from a fantastic melodic punk band called No Use For A Name, and obviously Bowie...which was a HUGE shame.

When people who you have looked up to die at a fairly young age, it is a real shock. It makes you realise how fast time passes and that those teenage years of being carefree are well and truly gone.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1495100053' post='3301225']
Was that the gig where both Ampegs failed and he gave the bass away to a friend in the audience?
[/quote]

He gave it to Ross Haflin IIRC

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1495100386' post='3301231']

When people who you have looked up to die at a fairly young age, it is a real shock. It makes you realise how fast time passes and that those teenage years of being carefree are well and truly gone.
[/quote]

The biggest truth!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1495100386' post='3301231']
Aye....it literally is one of the key bands I got into at what...13 years old. Superunknown just hasn't aged....well it has but more like a fine wine!

Kurt's passing was a big deal for me, as well as Tony Sly from a fantastic melodic punk band called No Use For A Name, and obviously Bowie...which was a HUGE shame.

[/quote]
yep watching soundgarden support guns and roses at the old wembley stadium with faith no more too seems so far away now, was an awesome show, 3 amazing vocalists at the top of their game

Awful, tragic news. I was a big Soundgarden & Audioslave fan, predominantly because of Cornell. One of the best rock vocalists of the last 30 years.

Never got to see either band live, really regretting that. :(

Shocked and saddened. One of my all time favourites.

Saw Soundgarden too few times, from Shepherds Bush in 1994 to Hyde Park just a few years ago, but they were gigs I won't forget. Was listening to Superunknown last night.

Head down.

well this birthday sucks!

I just got the Badmotorfinger deluxe box set and was watching the DVDs from that the the weekend. been a huge fan for so long - from taking an ex to see them on the Badmotorfinger tour as our first date, solo gigs after Soundgarden split, and a couple of times since they reformed (taking one of my mates who hadn't seen them back in the day and couldn't believe that she was going to finally see on of her favourite bands). A really great voice.

Really sad news.

I'm a big Chris Cornell and Soundgarden fan.

I was just listening to Euphoria Morning on my way to work this morning. I thinks it's a great and really under-rated album. His latest solo album is really good too.

I saw him solo in Dublin a few years ago. He was supporting Aerosmith and blew them out the water.

RIP

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1495118117' post='3301424']
RIP this is shocking I had heard that Audioslave were playing together again and were going to do some new recordings

Very sad news
[/quote]

New Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog have all been mentioned over the last couple of months.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1495119791' post='3301446']
Wouldn't that just be the natural course of events if anyone aged 52 and fit as a fiddle dies?
[/quote]

Dunno. I wasn't there. Maybe they found some evidence? Too early to speculate I guess... Christ, he is (sorry was) only a year older than me! :o :shok: :(

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1495097072' post='3301183']
[color=#4F321C][font=Georgia][size=5]His hard rock peers paid tribute, beginning with Jane’s Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Dave Navarro[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]
Yeah, I heard that too!!