Why become a member? ×

Best Birthday Cake!

bassmonk

So I had a big birthday a couple of weeks ago. Just getting round to posting the pics of the cake my friends made for me. Unfortunately the real thing didn't arrive from Music Man in time.. but I should be seeing it in a few weeks. It probably won't taste as good as this one.

[attachment=245329:IMG_5499.jpg] [attachment=245330:IMG_5503.jpg]

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and birthday wishes! Yes - I have wonderful friends. I understand it took many hours to make. But it tasted as good as it looks!

All the best to those of you who will be turning the same corner very soon ;) Drop hints now about bass cakes!

[quote name='bassmonk' timestamp='1494886143' post='3299391']
Thanks everyone for the kind comments and birthday wishes! Yes - I have wonderful friends. I understand it took many hours to make. But it tasted as good as it looks!

All the best to those of you who will be turning the same corner very soon ;) Drop hints now about bass cakes!
[/quote]

I'm thinking about a double bass cake now!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1494913273' post='3299441']
Wonder if the real Stingray will have a "40" on the side? :D
[/quote]
Hopefully not! :mellow: But I see they are doing a 30th anniversary model at the moment - so maybe in 10 years' time..? :)

[quote name='ZilchWoolham' timestamp='1494951893' post='3299916']
Very impressive! Did it have a [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk"]buttery biscuit base[/url]?
[/quote]
That is the funniest YouTube video I've seen this year. Literally laughed out loud.
There's definitely a marketing opportunity there.. "New addition to our spring range - The Buttery Biscuit Bass" - but which manufacturer would be most likely to make it?

[quote name='bassmonk' timestamp='1494971969' post='3300165']
Hopefully not! :mellow: But I see they are doing a 30th anniversary model at the moment - so maybe in 10 years' time..? :)
[/quote]

But then you'll be fifty and I'll be sixty four. Will you still need me, will you still feed me?

[quote name='bassmonk' timestamp='1494972560' post='3300175']
That is the funniest YouTube video I've seen this year. Literally laughed out loud.
There's definitely a marketing opportunity there.. "New addition to our spring range - The Buttery Biscuit Bass" - but which manufacturer would be most likely to make it?
[/quote]

Greg Wallace and John Torode's TV shows were sampled by Shaun Keaveny of 6music's breakfast show. The presenter uses the sound bites to punctuate his routine and sometimes it's laugh out loud funny.

Favourite quotes are "Stop! Stop touching it." and "That piece of meat had everyone confused".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

Edited by SpondonBassed