Why become a member? ×

Eurovision 2017

SH73

I don't watch 'em, I listen to 'em. Overkill on the visuals and gimmicks; hurts my eyes (and sensibilities, such as they are...). The opening number was shockingly out of tune often, sure enough, though. Can't be easy going through that mill, I suppose.

So, Portugal gets it. Loving the four Ukranian security guards. You just know they're itching to shoot someone. Preferably the winner and, his sister who wrote that song😂

Instantly forgettable. It ain't no Waterloo, that's for sure.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1494715618' post='3298141']
All except one; the winner..! :lol:
[/quote]

By a country mile as well. Super writing and arranging. (IMO of course) :)

Graham Norton...oh dear.... :huh:

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1494753259' post='3298257']...
Graham Norton...oh dear.... :huh:
[/quote]

We're not blessed in France, either. The pair (Stéphane Bern and Marianne James, if anyone cares...) that chattered away like gibbons, in French, over the show's hosts, speaking English, was, as usual, very irritating. I would ask the technical team to provide, for those with modern TV equipment, a choice of audio stream, as with some films, so as to have only the original version, without the 'local' feed. Even better would be the option of having solely the music, with no commentary from anyone at all..! Dream on, eh..? :rolleyes:
I rather liked the Portuguese fellow's appeal at the end for a return to 'music'..! He's not wrong, in my view; most of the other tosh was at best formulistic, much was downright drivel, musically, with 'hook' choreography or long legs as a poor substitute. Yes, I know it's a 'show', but surely someone is capable of marrying decent visuals with decent music..? No..? Oh well; I must be older than I thought. :blush:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1494754887' post='3298273']
I rather liked the Portuguese fellow's appeal at the end for a return to 'music'..! He's not wrong, in my view;
[/quote]

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1494784432' post='3298513']
In the midst of all the opprobium and 'too cool for skool' stuff above, I thought the winner was refreshingly different and sung with feeling and passion.
[/quote]

+ 1 on both points!