Why become a member? ×

Astounding Jam.

bubinga5

I've seen some stuff with Mono that is just jaw-dropping (a microtonal soul band and his mental playalong videos come to mind) but I can't say I'm a fan of this one. Eric always strays into the "lookatmelookatmelookatme" school of playing IMO YMMV and it doesn't shake this particular tailfeather.

Mononeon is well worth further investigation by everyone though, certainly a unique voice on the instrument!

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1494671693' post='3297729']
Can i be honest.

Ive listened to it without a beer, and its not as good. :lol: There called beer headphones..

Erics guitar playing is annoying. I will stand by Mono's bass playing though.
[/quote]

Confession is good for the soul!

My only listening to it was stone cold sober this morning, I appreciate their ability but they don't seem to be playing together really. The bass player is astonishingly good, and astonishingly patient with the rather random guitar work1

To be fair those guys are playing at an industry event, which usually tends to be all about virtuoso show off playing. They're not in a romantic candle lit wine bar, they're showing off chops at an equipment stand.

MonoNeon - the guy is a genius, his playing is completely insane. Eccentric perhaps but a genius musician nevertheless.

And Eric Gales is a pretty crazy character, another musical genius but with a really harsh past. Don't judge these guys by a trade show video, there's much more to them.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1494671693' post='3297729']
Can i be honest.

Ive listened to it without a beer, and its not as good. :lol: There called beer headphones..

Erics guitar playing is annoying. I will stand by Mono's bass playing though.
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha! Good lad.