Why become a member? ×

Sade Live in San diego.

bubinga5

My word.. Got this old DVD from my sister. Stunning woman, stunning music. I cant say shes not such a beautiful woman to look at. Her music will last forever i think. Great DVD, great bass playing. Great band. Did i say she is absolutely stunning.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2u2eqerRks

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1494450496' post='3296172']
I know this is a different performance:
... but as a member of the audience, would you feel cheated that the band clearly aren't playing live?
[/quote]

Why do you say that? The bass player looks like he has a wireless wotsit in the jack and the guitarists have leads.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1494452601' post='3296203']
Why do you say that? The bass player looks like he has a wireless wotsit in the jack and the guitarists have leads.
[/quote]
Playing whilst doing synchronized dancing and hardly moving the fingers. And, yes I'm a sceptical cynic. She wouldn't be the only miming "live" artist. There are others.

Sade is definitely one of my favourite artists of all time. Actually, I've had a serious hankering in the last year or two to play bass in a Sade tribute band. Chances of that happening though - even in London - are slim. Finding a frontwoman to fill those shoes must surely be like looking for a needle in a haystack??

Apparently she is also a very down to earth person. A friend had a child at the same school at hers and they had a 'parents' work day' for people to volunteer to do various jobs on the school site. She was spotted on her hands and knees in the pupil toilets, scrubbing away cheerfully.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1494450496' post='3296172']
I know this is a different performance:

... but as a member of the audience, would you feel cheated that the band clearly aren't playing live?
[/quote]

Don't think they are - but all that audience noise during the performance would really pi5s me off.

[quote name='Burns-bass' timestamp='1494658076' post='3297597']
A friend of mine works with her, records her demos and stuff and apparently she's one of the nicest people out there. and apparently she keeps all her Grammies in the basement of her house.
[/quote]

Just for a moment I thought you were implying that she had her female grandparents locked up! Must get laser treatment for my eyes, the glasses ain't cutting it.