Why become a member? ×

Removing cloth grill from Barefaced Big Baby T

countjodius

Hi all,

My Big Baby T has developed a sort of rattle on certain notes and sounds like a damaged driver or lose part. I'd need to remove the grill to get a look, and was wondering if anyone has advice for doing this on this generation of Barefaced? Gentle "jimmying" in the corner resulted in a cracking noise, and I'm worried that this is the wood and not the velcro!

Any help much appreciated. I have contacted Alex and BF but this is going on 2 weeks with no response (customer service thumbs down!).

[quote name='countjodius' timestamp='1494326523' post='3294957']
Hi all,

My Big Baby T has developed a sort of rattle on certain notes and sounds like a damaged driver or lose part. I'd need to remove the grill to get a look, and was wondering if anyone has advice for doing this on this generation of Barefaced? Gentle "jimmying" in the corner resulted in a cracking noise, and I'm worried that this is the wood and not the velcro!

Any help much appreciated. I have contacted Alex and BF but this is going on 2 weeks with no response (customer service thumbs down!).
[/quote]

Regarding the rattle, have you checked the handle? They can sometimes rattle and it doesn't sound as if it comes from them... but then you grab them and it stops. If you haven't checked. worth trying before removing parts...

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1494361628' post='3295409']
Regarding the rattle, have you checked the handle? They can sometimes rattle and it doesn't sound as if it comes from them... but then you grab them and it stops. If you haven't checked. worth trying before removing parts...
[/quote]

Yeah definitely coming from the mid driver by the sounds of it. The handle seems fine, I tighten the corner bracket screws regularly and there are not enough feet left on it to rattle haha!