Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2A Bridge swap

askii

Hey all,

I have a lovely Hohner B2A which I bought through the Basschat forums. Love the damn thing.

I'm very happy with it, but would like to swap the Steinberger drop-D bridge for a regular bridge. I don't use the drop-D, but more importantly I often play with a pick and mute strings with my palm, and the mechanism gets in the way.

Can anyone confirm or deny mounting holes/positions are the same and a straight swap is possible?

If so, I would be happy to swap my hardware for a non-drop-D if anyone has the opposite setup - wasn't sure which forum to post for swaps though.

Many thanks!

Adam

[quote name='askii' timestamp='1494251070' post='3294321']
Hey all,

I have a lovely Hohner B2A which I bought through the Basschat forums. Love the damn thing.

I'm very happy with it, but would like to swap the Steinberger drop-D bridge for a regular bridge. I don't use the drop-D, but more importantly I often play with a pick and mute strings with my palm, and the mechanism gets in the way.

Can anyone confirm or deny mounting holes/positions are the same and a straight swap is possible?

If so, I would be happy to swap my hardware for a non-drop-D if anyone has the opposite setup - wasn't sure which forum to post for swaps though.

Many thanks!

Adam
[/quote]

PMd

thank you

I'm happy and sad at the same time :)

There are things you can do with a headless that you can't do with a Fender.

My dear departed bandmate used to stand in front of me , trapping me between the pub wall and the drums at gigs and drop the worst smelling farts ever created by humans. He'd stand there long enough for me to be choking on his foul emissions.

THEN I got the B2A. I could just give his back a shove with the end of the neck without fear of going out of tune :)

In fact it never went out of tune, stretching the string instead of wrapping it around a post is far more stable,tuning -wise

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1494482656' post='3296291']
thank you

I'm happy and sad at the same time :)

There are things you can do with a headless that you can't do with a Fender.

My dear departed bandmate used to stand in front of me , trapping me between the pub wall and the drums at gigs and drop the worst smelling farts ever created by humans. He'd stand there long enough for me to be choking on his foul emissions.

THEN I got the B2A. I could just give his back a shove with the end of the neck without fear of going out of tune :)

In fact it never went out of tune, stretching the string instead of wrapping it around a post is far more stable,tuning -wise
[/quote]

Yeah man. You can only put up with so much guff from your band mates. Hahahahahaha. Thanks for the lasting image.

Yes. I'd imagine that tuning stability is still good even if you use a string clamp for single ball end strings as some do. That is of course once the bass has reached the ambient temperature of the room. I find that mine needs a tweak across the four strings if I practice in a particularly cold room as I sometimes have to. It then needs tweaking back for normal temperatures. I have yet to see whether it goes the other way under stage conditions but I imagine its normal for any neck through instrument.