Why become a member? ×

Time For A New Wireless System

ezbass

[quote name='DangerDan' timestamp='1494344217' post='3295184']
I really need to sort out a pedal board so i can get on the wireless train. My guitarist uses a line 6 g30. Seems about the only one within my price range!
[/quote]

Hah! Seems you and I are on the same wavelength...I've just managed to get a pedal board sorted out and it already seems to be making a massive difference to how regularly I'm using my pedals. Useful input from some BCs in case you need it on the following thread: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/303842-which-pedal-board-and-power-supply/

In terms of pricing the Line6 G30 (£163) still comes in above the Smooth Hound (£149) although there isn't a great deal in it between these two.

Update: have now given my Smooth Hound a good work out with both my Mesa and Markbass amps. Works a treat, so far, and no noticeable hum or interference detectable when the receiver is put right next to the amp. My only remaining concern was the transmitter battery point - I'll certainly take spares to gigs, however the fact that there is a battery charge status LED for the transmitter on the receiver gives very useful additional comfort on this point.

So I'm looking forward to being literally "unleashed" :) at a Retros gig tomorrow night with a fair degree of confidence! Many thanks to the OP for starting this thread and for the various really helpful recommendations from the rest of my fellow BCs.

Edited by Al Krow

Just as a point of reference, those 4 leds on the transmitter are very helpful. Batteries, for me, using the rig for about 6 hours a week, last about a month before I recharge em, when you down to 1 led lit, there is still an easy 20 mins of playing time before it starts dropping out.

Cheers - thanks for that. I'm going to get through some old AAA's that are knocking around the house and then invest in some rechargeable batteries and a recharger. You seem to be getting quite a lot of life from your rechargeables - which make batteries and recharger are you using?

I am also hunting down perfect wireless. I've had stageclix v3 but returned it for high frequency squeely sound that was present with every note I played on passive or active bass/guitar. Is it possible the unit was faulty or is it just like this? I have g70 on try and really LOVE the sound quality and response, but body pack and changing batteries every single day are kind of a bummer..

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1494606038' post='3297340']
Cheers - thanks for that. I'm going to get through some old AAA's that are knocking around the house and then invest in some rechargeable batteries and a recharger. You seem to be getting quite a lot of life from your rechargeables - which make batteries and recharger are you using?
[/quote]

Sorry mate, forgot about this, eneloop AAA's 750mAh, and a bog standard Energiser charger I got in Tescos, mine is quite old, but this seems to be the modern equivilant

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Pro-Charger-x-1/dp/B00RZD32EG

Cheers buddy - just ordered your recommended rechargeable batteries and charger from Amazon.

Used the Smooth Hound in anger at a gig last night. Worked just great. Definitely a bit of gear envy from my band mates and being unleashed is a lot of fun! My guitarist is regretting getting rid of his old wireless system, although he did say it did not work nearly as well over a distance as the Smooth Hound does...I did have a bit of fun briefly playing at the back of the pub (where I got stopped for a couple of selfies) and briefly outside where it also worked just fine, but seemed to attract the attention of would-be have-a-go guitar heroes... :)

Edited by Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1494782875' post='3298499']
Sorry mate, forgot about this, eneloop AAA's 750mAh, and a bog standard Energiser charger I got in Tescos, mine is quite old, but this seems to be the modern equivilant

[url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Pro-Charger-x-1/dp/B00RZD32EG"]https://www.amazon.c...1/dp/B00RZD32EG[/url]
[/quote]

A very small point that may be of interest to some - I subsequently came across the [color=#111111][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lloytron Intelligent 4 Channel Compact AA, AAA and 9V/PP3 Ni-Mh Battery Charger which is a bit cheaper than the Energiser charger and also does 9V batteries, which means I won't need two separate chargers for my AAA and 9V so I've swapped this for the Energiser. [/font][/color]

Edited by Al Krow