Why become a member? ×

SOLD LOCALLY Ashdown Retroglide 800 amp
£399

Hello! Bought this amp on a whim but I keep using my old Warwick. The major saving would be weight and size but I'm not taking the amp out anyway, so...
Brand new, warranty registered just a few days ago on the Ashdown site. Comes with original box and manual. Never gigged, never got out from the house... only played at home, 1/4 of its volume.
I'm after £399. No trades, sorry.

http://ashdownmusic..../Retroglide800/

IMG_20171021_174940.thumb.jpg.13e62d16af1843bd0ac3e99fef893ffd.jpg

Edited by Matte_black

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

you may have a slight problem price wise, maybe why it's not selling?

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ashdown-Retroglide-800-Bass-Head/16AZ?utm_campaign=bEngine%20-%20Ashdown&utm_medium=paid_search&network=google&adgroup=25221758119&matchtype=e&utm_term=ashdown%20retroglide%20800&device=c&creative=194192601822&adposition=1t1&gclid=CNeC-77g_9MCFbIW0wodSj0DRQ

One thing I never found out about these: Is the ;Ashdown 'preshape' baked in to these even if the EQ is set flat, or is it that the amplifier has a flat sound throughout the chain until you tweak the EQ? Would love to know.

Wow... they really brought the price down, damn.
Dood, I think the eq. is flat when the faders are in the center of their travel. But of course the "flat" on this amp always has to do with how it's been engineered and built... so sounds different from my Warwick ProTube in flat.

[quote name='Matte_black' timestamp='1495369137' post='3303247']
Wow... they really brought the price down, damn.
Dood, I think the eq. is flat when the faders are in the center of their travel. But of course the "flat" on this amp always has to do with how it's been engineered and built... so sounds different from my Warwick ProTube in flat.
[/quote]

Indeed, I suppose that's what I was wondering, thank you for the reply. I can handle 'the inherent tone of the electronics used' but I was keen to find out if Ashdown's well known pre-shape was 'on all the time' in the design, if you see what I mean. Really no bad thing mind, only to find out of that is part of the amplifier's design itself. I liked that on the R800 you can defeat the pre-shape should you need to.

If you're thinking about the ABM series... forget it, they're two completely different animals (luckily LOL). The Retroglide is very transparent sounding.
I always plug my MP3 to new amps to hear how they're voiced, the Ash is pretty flat, I'd say. There's no "pre-shape" built in, I think. But there's no preshape built out either LOL, no preshape button on this amp... only the graphic eq.

Jojobass, thanks for the headup LOL, I didn't know the price went down. I guess I can't compete with that offer 'cause shipping will have a cost also... let's say I'll listen to sensible offers but I paid more than they're selling it for, as you can guess. :lol:

Edited by Matte_black

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...