Why become a member? ×

New DHA pedal - help please

DHA

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503655678' post='3359973']
Thanks Dave. The pedal sounds great and the prospect of having a 12AX7 in a preamp to provide valve warmth and drive (together with the benefits of a DI and headphones out) makes this a very enticing offering.

It's a single rather than two 12AX7s, right i.e. when you say "2 stage" that doesn't mean TWO 12 AX7s?
[/quote]

A 12AX7 has two stages in it. The signal path is In> i/p pad>valve stage 1> Gain Pot> Valve stage 2> EQ> Level Pot> OUT

The boost is switchable after the EQ but before the Level. The Di is taken from the output.

Cheers Dave. All sounds really good. Will this be coming out as the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VT1-EQ-Di-Bass Mk3 version?[/font][/color]

Please put me down for a pre-order then for £135 plus P&P. And if that is one of your first pre-orders and I manage to blag the #003 pedal then all the better - I assume that you and Left foot will be getting the #001 and #002 units for yourselves?! :)

Edited by Al Krow

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503664016' post='3360101']
Cheers Dave. All sounds really good. Will this be coming out as the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VT1-EQ-Di-Bass Mk3 version?[/font][/color]

Please put me down for a pre-order then for £135 plus P&P. And if that is one of your first pre-orders and I manage to blag the #003 pedal then all the better - I assume that you and Left foot will be getting the #001 and #002 units for yourself?! :)
[/quote]

thanks

The serial numbers will carry on from the current sales list so will be 1xxx - but I could write something on the back about being 3 of 10.

can you please paypal the money to [email protected] - will be £135 + £6.90 = £141.90.

Getting a lot of interest so looking to press the button on the silk screening in the next week of so.

regards

Dave

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503664016' post='3360101']

Please put me down for a pre-order then for £135 plus P&P. And if that is one of your first pre-orders and I manage to blag the #003 pedal then all the better - I assume that you and Left foot will be getting the #001 and #002 units for yourself?! :)
[/quote]

Will be called the VT1-Pro-Bass-Drive

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1503704894' post='3360493']
These look very interesting!
When is the pre-order discount offer running to?
Getting married tomorrow......and as you can imagine, bank account has taken a hit :-P

Cheers
Si
[/quote]

Hi Si

runs out when 10 are sold.

Good luck and have great day

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I just want to show you the final design for the VT1 Spitfire BASS pedal that's been discussed here and developed.
All the switches are now mounted on the top of the unit and no punches pulled - this is a banger of a pedal. A swiss army knife that's got you covered in all situations and sounds a delight.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Get in touch with Dave if you're interested, very easy to talk to and there maybe an opportunity for the introduction price. [/font][/color]

[email="[email protected]?subject=VT1%20Spitfire%20BASS"][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][email protected][/font][/color][/email]

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1505299652' post='3370804']
Guys, I just want to show you the final design for the VT1 Spitfire BASS pedal that's been discussed here and developed.
All the switches are now mounted on the top of the unit and no punches pulled - this is a banger of a pedal. A swiss army knife that's got you covered in all situations and sounds a delight.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Get in touch with Dave if you're interested, very easy to talk to and there maybe an opportunity for the introduction price. [/font][/color]

[email="[email protected]?subject=VT1%20Spitfire%20BASS"][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][email protected][/font][/color][/email]
[/quote]

With absolutely no disrespect to your hard work, I did prefer the previous artwork, but then I'm not a fan of union jack anything really.
Is this definitely the final design? I wonder if the Spitfire badge/logo might look cool instead?
Obviously not in my hands, just my opinion :). Certainly is a fully featured pedal, still very very interested!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1505300226' post='3370816']
With absolutely no disrespect to your hard work, I did prefer the previous artwork, but then I'm not a fan of union jack anything really.
Is this definitely the final design? I wonder if the Spitfire badge/logo might look cool instead?
Obviously not in my hands, just my opinion :). Certainly is a fully featured pedal, still very very interested!

Si
[/quote]

Hi Si,

Nothing set in stone and we might well go back to the first design if everyone hates this one.

I am waiting to hear from the guys that pre-ordered if they are happy with the new design.

I know you can't please everybody but we just wanted to get British made bit across as there are not that many of us.

Dave

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1505300226' post='3370816']

Si
[/quote]

I should also say there will be a guard around the valve

Dave

Hi Dave,

Being in a buy British mode and with all the past exploits we are remembering this year (including my 60th birthday) it ticks the boxes for me Dave. (My dad will love it as he is ex RAF.)

I would suggest this as a one off or special edition maybe though?

[quote name='naxos10' timestamp='1505306206' post='3370891']
Hi Dave,

Being in a buy British mode and with all the past exploits we are remembering this year (including my 60th birthday) it ticks the boxes for me Dave. (My dad will love it as he is ex RAF.)

[/quote]

Nice one,

we are thinking there will be other models with hurricanes, typhoon, mosquito..... maybe even more modern ones as well..... lighting, tornado, vulcan, Eurofighter....

I am looking to press the button on the printing next week all being well.

Dave

Edited by DHA

[quote name='naxos10' timestamp='1505306206' post='3370891']
Hi Dave,

[/quote]

Been a mixed response to the new design so we will do both. The original VT1-Pro-Bass design will be made for those who want it and the new VT1-Spitfire which I was going to have guitar and bass versions of will just be marked without Bass or Guitar on the front so I can have one artwork. I will mark on the back bass or guitar and the box colour will be different, the electronics is different inside by the way.

Dave