Why become a member? ×

New DHA pedal - help please

DHA

Okay, new improved layout for the VT1-EQ-DI-Bass MK2 is here.

I have moved things around a bit and have managed to get all the switches on the top. working on a guard over the valve and the silkscreen.

All pedals from now on will have the switches on the top.

[attachment=249598:PICT0250.JPG]

[attachment=249599:PICT0252.JPG]

[attachment=249600:PICT0257.JPG]

• 1 month later...

With the help of a BC member the artwork is now ready for silk screening of the new VT1-Pro-Bass-Drive. Just deciding on the colours, I am thinking purple with yellow writing and knobs, open to comments.

As a way of saying thank you for your help and support I will offer a 20% discount on the first 10 BC members that pre-order. So that will be £154 + P&P including Power Supply.

I am hoping to offer this new style of pedal to a wider audience and will be bring out different models to hopefully suit different requirements and budgets. So I am looking for interested shops, distributors, etc both in the UK and overseas.

Edited by DHA

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1503514255' post='3358888']
Could we see a bigger picture of the graphics please, hard to tell anything from the small one posted :)
[/quote]

fair point! If you click on the pic's they get bigger

Edited by DHA

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1503567844' post='3359181']
Thank you, that one is much easier to see, the others were a bit wee even when clicked on.
[/quote]

Rob is working some better images with the correct colours. We are looking at getting a few boxes silk-screened very soon so if anyone likes or dislikes the new style then please let us know.

Hi Guys, this is the latest draft mock up in the preferred purple and white.
Dave has moved the toggle switches to the top of the effect unit after your suggestions.
Please let us know your thoughts, they are important to us.

[url="https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/Dkmh"]https://www.imageupl...o.uk/image/Dkmh[/url]

Edited by Left Foot

[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1503594840' post='3359551']
Left foot has done all the hard work
[/quote]

I guess the key here is to avoid having two Left feet?

But as long as the right foot is working hand in glove (or should that be foot in sock?) with Left foot then all will be well...

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503595556' post='3359559']
I guess the key here is to avoid having two Left feet?

But as long as the right foot is working hand in glove (or should that be foot in sock?) with Left foot then all will be well...
[/quote]

:)

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1503602681' post='3359645']
Do these have headphone outs? I'm looking for a 1 box gigging solution but there's oddly few pedals like this with a 'phone out.
[/quote]

Yes, same spec as the VT1-Di-eq so headphone out and aux in.

[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1503604842' post='3359667']
Yes, same spec as the VT1-Di-eq so headphone out and aux in.
[/quote]

Thanks, I've got a standard DHA DI-EQ and it'd be perfect for me it had headphone out as I'm running it into an EHX headphone amp at the moment and the extra cables are a hassle. I'll keep an eye out for when the new model is out.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1503605920' post='3359677']
Thanks, I've got a standard DHA DI-EQ and it'd be perfect for me it had headphone out as I'm running it into an EHX headphone amp at the moment and the extra cables are a hassle. I'll keep an eye out for when the new model is out.
[/quote]

The new pedal will be out in the next few weeks but I am offering a 20% discount to BC members that pre-order. Its to help pay towards the silk-screen set up costs and to get 10+ boxes done in one go.

Dave - is there a spec sheet plus YouTube post of what the new pedal does / sounds like when being used? That would be really useful for folk, like me, who are not already familiar with your gear and what the new pedal is capable of.

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503648485' post='3359876']
Dave - is there a spec sheet plus YouTube post of what the new pedal does / sounds like when being used? That would be really useful for folk, like me, who are not already familiar with your gear and what the new pedal is capable of.
[/quote]

Hi

The spec is the same as the VT1-EQ-Di-Bass Mk2. Its a new layout, guard around the valve and the silkscreen that has changed.

so....

1/4" jacks in and out with true by-pass
Balanced XLR out with 3 position ground lift - Ground, Float and Ploat
Stereo headphone out with mixed Stereo Aux in
2 stage 12AX7 valve design for valve warmth and drive - user can swap valve types for different tones
Bright switch
Colour switch and pot - adds negative feedback which adds compression and distortion
Boost switch and pot - clean amplification of the signal.
+- 15dB cut/boost EQ with Treble, Mid and Bass controls
Q pot - adjusts the centre frequency of the Mid control
Input Pad
Gain and Level controls
9-12VDC @ 300mA centre negative power connector. 12VDC international power supply supplied
Blue back-light power on indicator
Blue LED effect on indicator via Foot switch
Small foot-print - 145x130x60mm

YouTube video is a good idea

I will be offering this pedal via shops and distributors but if purchased direct from me then as with all my pedals I offer money back if the customer is not happy once returned.

Edited by DHA

Cheers Dave - two follow up Qs from me:

1. A lot of gain / dirt pedals have an inherent (sometimes pronounced) pedal hum, which can be off-putting and can require a noise gate to sort. How silent does your pedal run when bass and amp are connected up and the drive/gain engaged?
2. What is the 20% discounted price (+P&P) for pre-orders?

Look forward to the YouTube video - that will certainly help me in making my mind up!

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503651111' post='3359902']
Cheers Dave - two follow up Qs from me:

1. A lot of gain / dirt pedals have an inherent (sometimes pronounced) pedal hum, which can be off-putting and can require a noise gate to sort. How silent does your pedal run when bass and amp are connected up and the drive/gain engaged?
2. What is the 20% discounted price (+P&P) for pre-orders?

Look forward to the YouTube video - that will certainly help me in making my mind up!
[/quote]

I run everything with DC including the valve heaters so they are very low noise. The only place hum can come from with my design is the power supply so that's why I supply a very well regulated one.

Yes the discount is for pre-orders only to help with set up costs.

[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1503652196' post='3359913']
I run everything with DC including the valve heaters so they are very low noise. The only place hum can come from with my design is the power supply so that's why I supply a very well regulated one.

Yes the discount is for pre-orders only to help with set up costs.
[/quote]

That sounds really good re the pedal hum.
Sorry I was trying to find out what the price is with / without the 20% discount? Apologies if you have already mentioned that earlier in the thread.

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1503653642' post='3359927']
That sounds really good re the pedal hum.
Sorry I was trying to find out what the price is with / without the 20% discount? Apologies if you have already mentioned that earlier in the thread.
[/quote]

looks like I made a mistake earlier and only offered 10% discount instead of 20%!!! List price will be £169.99 + P&P so 20% discount means £135 + P&P

Edited by DHA

Thanks Dave. The pedal sounds great and the prospect of having a 12AX7 in a preamp to provide valve warmth and drive (together with the benefits of a DI and headphones out) makes this a very enticing offering.

It's a single rather than two 12AX7s, right i.e. when you say "2 stage" that doesn't mean TWO 12 AX7s?

Edited by Al Krow