Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Diesel 2x15 - SOLD
£200

Peope who know me will think I am going raving mad but the Subway 15's that I have are (it has to be admitted) easier to cart around. That's hardly the point here though.

This wonderul cab is almost 30 years old and is in this great condition having been flightcased most of it's life. Two lovely EV speakers in a pretty compact package for what it delivers. It works just as it did when new and has been regularly taken apart and cleaned and checked over. It is 4ohm.

Buy the 1516 cab also for sale somewhere here and have the same rig that Macca used for many years.

Yes, it's not light but neither is the sound you get from it. It has been my faithful companion on stages all over Europe.

I have set a price which I hope can tempt someone to overlook the fact that it won't blow away when you sneeze.

PM for further details.

Edited by Steve Browning

Wow! 😯

Steve - what are you doing?? These cabs are amazing...

I think I've heard this in action at either the West Sussex 2014 Bash or one of the South East Bashes; an absolutely fantastic sounding cab!

Anyway, as tempting as it is, I must resist as I've recently bought a new lightweight cab!

Whoever buys this though, will not be disappointed..

GLWTS

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1494088055' post='3293180']

Buy the 1516 cab also for sale somewhere here and have the same rig that Macca used for many years.

[/quote]

Think that would be the one I picked up last week from bagsieblue. Sounding great, but definitely looking its age compared to yours.

Ok. There is a bit of a queue forming.

I was thinking of that 1516 cab for a while but thought that it would be madness (however impressive it would have looked/sounded), I'm sure you'll love to be playing through it.

As for the weight. It didn't really bother me as you can just use a scientific principl or two to shift it. Getting it into car or van. Sideways on, tilt cab over and grab far handle and use knees as fulcrum and your body as counterbalance. Looks a bit awkward but it is almost weightless when level.