Why become a member? ×

Traded: 1984 Squier JV Jazz Bass Black/Tort/Rosewood
£700

PawelG

For sale this lovely JV Squier. Fantastic sound, classic Jazz. I just can't seem to get along with the thin frets on it. While my JV Precision has the same frets and they feel great, on the Jazz I think I prefer the jumbo ones.

Here's the original thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/293564-squier-jv-jazz-bass-83-price-reduction/page__p__3249402__hl__jv__fromsearch__1#entry3249402"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry3249402[/url]

Since I got it, I have cleaned the fretboard and oiled it. Basically, brought it to life. I have also installed a KiOgon wiring loom and gave it a nice setup. It now has a standard V/V/T controls with Bourns pots. Black knobs with white lines. The neck has the best aged yellow color I've seen. It's almost orange. There are couple of imperfections on the neck. I can't notice them when I play. The scratches on the body are all pictured. The one at the back is the worst. Don't know how that happened. Plays really nice and I did not think I'd be selling it. But here we go.

Could be interested in a trade for nice P Bass with maple fret board. Japanese preferably.

Edited by PawelG

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1494324228' post='3294930']
I had a quick play on this yesterday evening and really enjoyed it. Lovely bass, just what you'd expect from a JV.
[/quote]

+1

I've also had the pleasure of playing this bass and it really is a beauty, with a very balanced sound when the two volume pots are up full!

With the bridge p/up at full and the neck p/up rolled off about a quarter, you get that lovely, nasally Jaco tone which is just gorgeous..

GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...