Why become a member? ×

Spirit by Steinberger XT-25
£250

biro

As my impending, if temporary, move to Canada takes shape, I am considering getting rid of some of my earthly possessions. I bought this one from Backwater, of this parish, just for travelling and I found it extremely enjoyable. I think, however, that most airplane-friendly solution might be to just buy a new bass over there (perhaps a Dingwall, finally?) and travel light, at least one way. So here's a feeler: anybody interested, possibly in London?

The bass is in excellent shape. It was in great condition, but I also levelled the frets and now it plays like a dream. I have also bought a regular string adapter, which I can include (for some extra money. Otherwise I'll just keep it and use it with another headless bass of mine.)

Pics!

Bump!

BTW, I have recently spoken to the good people ad GAK to inquire about availability of these instruments. This was their reply:

[quote][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hello there, I would advise not placing an order for any Steinberger[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]instruments currently, we are having a lot of problems sourcing these[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]- the supplier (Gibson Europe) hasn't had any stock for many months,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]and still can't give us any dates. We are obliged to advertise these[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]units as they are not discontinued, but we cannot supply currently I'm[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]afraid[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

Edited by biro

[quote name='biro' timestamp='1494080545' post='3293095']
Bump!

BTW, I have recently spoken to the good people ad GAK to inquire about availability of these instruments. This was their reply:
[/quote]
So, GAK offering them at £299 isn't genuine...

Well, as I said, they were quite honest: "We are obliged to advertise these units as they are not discontinued, but we cannot supply currently I'm afraid". That being said, I only discovered that because I emailed them, which is a tad unnerving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...