Why become a member? ×

CMI Lead Bass 50w

only4

I was reunited with an old amp that I forgot that I actually owned the other day.
It was a jumble sale find back in the 80's I had the cab too but unfortunately that's long gone.
The guitar player in our band stored it for me when I moved house in the mid 90's and to be honest I forgot all about it.
Last week he mentioned that he had stumbled across it whilst looking for something else so brought it to reversals for me!
I had no time to mess with it at the rehearsal so I cleaned it up and plugged it in over the weekend and to my surprise it still works, it's not that loud (probably worn out tubes) but it has a really lovely sound, after a couple of mins it started to smell a bit hot so I switched off.
Next step is to take it for a health check to a local valve amp doctor and hopefully breath some new life back in to it.
There's not much information on the web about this amp but it looks to have been made by a Marshall offshoot company (Cleartone Musical Instruments) around 1976?
It seems that good things do come to those who wait ;-)