Why become a member? ×

Markbass Casa- Michael League signature head

scalpy

Went to see Snarky Puppy last night and did the obligatory gear stalk. The mark 810 was extremely obvious, but the head fooled me completely. The logo for a start being black type with highlighted background flummoxed my bamboozled brain (they play a lot of notes) but on closer inspection it turns out it's one of these...

http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2017/01/breaking-namm-news-snarky-puppys-michael-league-signature-amp-markbass-casa/

It sounds great, but must be the most unremarkable (see what I did there) amp released for a while, and I'm a markbass user.

Any of you lot know about it?

[quote name='Treb' timestamp='1493626854' post='3289437']
Looks like a MusicMan BH-500 (made by MarkBass for MusicMan) if you ask me.
[/quote]

That's a great shout, the controls are identical. Obviously plenty could be different but I reckon it's just a rehash.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 09/08/2018 at 23:02, PJ-Bassist said:

Anyone own, or tried one of these?  I'm interested to hear opinions.

I missed this conversation!

I have been gigging my Casa for a year now.  I use it with 2 x STD121hr cabs, which are slightly bigger (more internal volume) than the NY121p cabs, but also slightly lighter.  For such a compact and light rig it is fricken awesome.

My P's sound huge with it.  Big, burpy, fat and funky.  It doesn't have valves, but if you want to, you can drive it like it has. it gives the the massive fat presence you'd get from the Kustom, Acoustic 360 or SUNN Colosseum solid state heads from the 70's...  but without the weight!

here is my current setup.  Before anyone asks, thats an original 1983 JV PB57-95 on the left and my 1982 JV '57 Squier BFL on the right!

1268673871_CurrentRig.thumb.jpg.1a51f3f84f600e3038724f360138189d.jpg

Edited by MoJoKe
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

I ended up getting a MusicMan BH-500 as they were the same thing and the musicMan was way cheaper.
I completely dig it. It is one of the best sounding amps with a precision. I currently use a EBS valve drive in front of it to fatten the sound a bit.

It would be interesting to have a preamp like this to use it on other amps. The eq points sound absolutely killer. Has anyone come across something like this in a preamp form?