Why become a member? ×

GK fusion 800 slaving into another GK

sumorabbit

HI peeps, the manual doesn't seem to offer much insight apart from the chain out on the GK fusion 800 is to go to a powered GK cab. Do we think it wouldn't be damaging to chain it into the FX return of my MB 500 and use that to power a second cab?

I'm running currently GK fusion 800 into a Greebboy f212 at 4 ohm

For big trouser bragging rights I'd like to slave this amp into the MB 500 to run my Greenboy f112 at 8ohm.

No problem if no one has experience of this, cheers for looking

Peace out!

Edited by sumorabbit

If the output from the 800 is at line level, which I should imagine likely if it is to drive a powered cab', you should be OK. If you connect it and start with the master volume of the 500 at zero (the input gain shouldn't have any effect if you're using the FX return) and slowly raise it to test it, you shouldn't do any damage. In my experience, GK are helpful if you send them an email query.

Cheers Dan

I've just had a play with it, It's a line level output. What happens since it's meant to be for powered GK cabs is the master volume on the 800 becomes kind of like a pre volume for the 500. You can then turn up the master on the 500 to the required volume.

Incredibly there are no earth hum loops going on.

Cheers