Why become a member? ×

Delivery date for the new TE Elf head

TheGreek

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1500110039' post='3335652']
It's 200w, which should be enough, like the 200w heads of old.

After all, watts is watts, right? ;-)
[/quote]

You wouldn't care to pitch this against our Hiwatt DR205 by any chance..? 200w, 4 x KT88 valves, but, after all, watts is watts, right..? :lol:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1499003935' post='3328489']
My fear is that you may be right.

Fortunately the new Elf is very reasonably priced so, at worst, I've bought a cheap, small home amp.
[/quote]

Indeed, and tbh I'd consider it for that. But I just wouldn't trust it to stay in place for a gig, even my Bass Terror at approx. 5Kg gave me cause to panic a few times when movement caused it to creep to the cab edge...

I had an email from Mark Hedge earlier today to say that the amps are in the water and on their way to the UK - hopefully arriving by the end of July. Then need to go out to the shops before being sent on to customers (me!!!).

Realistically first week of August as stated by Lozz in another thread.

Plans are to book the music room at the venue we use for the Herts Bash and invite local BCers along to test amp and new Bass from Andy.

Release the damn thing already so someone can tell me if it's remotely gigable...

I never really liked the signature trace tone of old so I'm not bothered if it sounds nothing like that. What I am bothered about though is the potential to carry a gigable amp in the front pocket of my gigbag. Portability trumps everything else for me as I travel to my gigs on public transport. If this sounds anyway near half way decent and more importantly is loud enough it'll change my gigging life for the better.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1500185312' post='3336059']
Release the damn thing already so someone can tell me if it's remotely gigable...

I never really liked the signature trace tone of old so I'm not bothered if it sounds nothing like that.
[/quote]

Same here, I'm curious to know if it can hold its own on an average pub gig as something like this could make for a small back up amp.

Likewise, I was never a fan of the TE sound. Having owned a 250 watt SMX rig for years I realised it really wasn't for me. But I'm still curious to see and hear what the Elf has to offer.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1500203690' post='3336164']
Well it's good to know it really will fit in your back pocket: (warning: gratuitously stupid sexist content follows)
[attachment=249175:elf_backpocket.jpg]
[/quote]

Yeah, you wonder which idiot in marketing thought that photo was a good idea. "That'll never look even remotely sexist will it?" asked the directors. Oh....

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1500203690' post='3336164']
Well it's good to know it really will fit in your back pocket: (warning: gratuitously stupid sexist content follows)
[attachment=249175:elf_backpocket.jpg]
[/quote]

There is also a photo of a bloke having it in his back pocket, not really an issue IMO

Edit - can't find that pic now hahaha

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1500285466' post='3336627']
There is also a photo of a bloke having it in his back pocket, not really an issue IMO

Edit - can't find that pic now hahaha
[/quote]
Thing it it would really fit my back pocket cos I don't wear designer jeans. In her case half the bloody amp is showing, and no-one would actually walk around like that, it's hardly an i-Phone....

Of course no company would cynically pose a photo, knowing it would get talked about in forums and thus boost interest in the amp....?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[i]"By the time I arrived at Joe Sabatini's bar, the rain was cascading from the eaves. At the far reaches of the bar, I could see the unmistakeable figure of Al Francesco, hunched over a scotch, with the collars of his raincoat keeping out the distractions around him. As I approached, I reached into my back pocket, and dropped my TE Elf onto the bar, next to his.[/i]

[i]I couldn't help but notice his was the slightly newer model, with subtly reworked graphics on the front of the case. This guy means business."[/i]

Yet another delay:

[size=3]
[color=#1F497D]Hello,[/color][/size][size=3]
[color=#1F497D]Thank you for your email and interest in the new TRACE ELLIOT – ELF.[/color][/size][size=3]
[color=#1F497D]The first UK shipment of TE ELF’s are on their way and expected to arrive at the very end of August. All being well the ELF will be available from Musial retailers by Mid-September.[/color][/size][size=3]
[color=#1F497D]Kind regards[/color][/size][size=3]
[color=#1F497D] [/color][/size][size=3]
[color=#1F497D] [/color][/size][size=3]
[b][color=#1F497D][size=3]Gary Tichopad[/size][/color][/b][/size][size=3]
[b][color=#1F497D][size=3]Barnes and Mullins Ltd,[/size][/color][/b][/size][size=3]
[b][color=#1F497D][size=3]Associate Director - Purchasing[/size][/color][/b]
[color=#1F497D][size=3]Unit 14, Mile Oak Ind Estate[b], [/b]Oswestry[b], [/b]Shropshire[b], [/b]SY10 8GA, United Kingdom[/size][/color][/size]