Why become a member? ×

1983 MIJ Tokai factory fretless jazz- sold!!!
£515

lee650

Im selling my Tokai 83 MIJ factory lined fretless jazz.

It's in immaculate condition with a recently sanded rosewood board.very light Alder body in a slightly greenish lake placid blue and I've replaced the scratchplate with a mint green pearl guard and new chrome knobs (I have the original pickguard, which had warped over time and didn't fit properly but will be included)
It has the reverse gear tuners as per 60's and currently fitted with Dunlop super bright nickels.
This is a future collectors item as it is in fantastic condition for its age and sounds amazing. Everybody knows how great these are and a forerunner to Fender Japan
The build quality is on par with the 82 Squire JV that I own ( and are going for silly money)

It also comes with a tweed hard case (it's very tatty but functional).
I'll be wanting £515 incl UK only delivery.Apologies but I do not want to post overseas! ��

I've ran out of pic storage,so I can email more pics to any interested parties ��

Edited by lee650

Wow - I've got one of these, factory lined fretless and all, and I've never seen another one! I like it more than any other bass I've ever played. Mine now has Bartolini pickups which made it even better, but the main thing is the feel of the neck and the overall tone.

Edited by JoeEvans

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your kind offer of jumping a train..
I would like to try before I buy and if it didn't work out then we have both had a wasted train journey ...
I shouldn't really be looking until I have transport in place ...
I played a 90 s tokai fretless neck a long time ago and it was very good ...trouble was I had to give it back as it wasn't mine ..I always wonder what happened to it ..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey folks, if you ever have any needs for at least one single fretless note in your music YOU NEED THIS
[b] 1983 MIJ Tokai factory fretless jazz bass![/b]

I've got a 78/79 factory fretless and it's one of the most amazing jazz basses I've ever held in my hands, including the real vintage ones.
Mine is red:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vyos9mvvx2wmx3/20170730_112237.jpg?dl=0

[quote name='margusalviste' timestamp='1501403905' post='3344416']
Hey folks, if you ever have any needs for at least one single fretless note in your music YOU NEED THIS
[b] 1983 MIJ Tokai factory fretless jazz bass![/b]

I've got a 78/79 factory fretless and it's one of the most amazing jazz basses I've ever held in my hands, including the real vintage ones.
Mine is red:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vyos9mvvx2wmx3/20170730_112237.jpg?dl=0
[/quote]

Thanks my friend! Yours is gorgeous!!

• 3 weeks later...

Japanese quality at less than the going rate for exactly the same basses with Fender on the headstock. Extremely light and in immaculate condition for a 34 year old instrument. It's also the coolest colour ever with a tone to die for!!.

• 2 weeks later...