Why become a member? ×

Tuition in STROUD, improve your playing!

fingerz

Hi and thanks for taking a look at my post.

I've recently moved to Stroud from London, and after a break from teaching due to being away a lot, I'm looking to take on students again. I'm an experienced professional player, done lots of different gigs, recordings and all the travelling that goes with it! Most recently I have been the chair holder on 'Thriller Live' on tour. I have a degree from Leeds college of Music and experience in teaching up to FE level, grade 8, and prepping people for degree courses and auditions.

My approach to teaching is very open minded in terms of my students 'direction', my aim is to make all your decisions well informed and musical. I'm happy to do grades or more informal lessons. Mostly I have found my students just want to know more about what they are playing, their options, and search for more freedom on the instrument. I would always offer a no quibbles first lesson, and take it from there.

Please feel free to get in touch or call me if you are thinking about bass lessons or would like any more information from me.

Cheers and I look forward to hearing from you!

Jo Phillpotts

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Jo gave me a series of lessons when I lived near him a few years ago. A thoroughly nice chap, easy to get on with and, most importantly, a superb teacher. I’d already been playing for a few years and in a couple of bands but Jo took my playing to the next level and, in doing so, gave me so much more confidence.

I cant recommend him highly enough!

• 1 year later...