Why become a member? ×

SOLD Vintage 5 String active bass project.
£49

Shockwave

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hello all.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have a bass project here for sale.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]When I bought it it was in a sorry state. I have cleaned her up as much as possible, re-glued the nut and fixed a machine head that was missing the spacer. I haven't got any time or space to continue working on her so must be moved on![/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][b]The good:[/b]
Bass is incredibly lightweight, fantastic for those with bad backs. When tuned up the B string was very responsive and not floppy at all. Tuning stability was fantastic, Playability was great. Pickups direct to the jack sound great.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The action can go incredibly low, frets are in good shape and the truss rod is 100% a-ok with plenty of adjustment available.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][b]The bad:[/b]
The original bridge (Which I will include) Has suffered some tail lift due to it being over tuned by the previous owner for an extended amount of time. The bridge does work but I would recommend replacing it. It is currently not attached to the bass.
The original pre-amp is knackered, this needs to be replaced.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][b]The extra:[/b]
I am supplying a brand new pre-wired Belcat Pre-amp which should drop in pretty easily into the bass cavity. You just need to attach the pickups and re-use the current jack.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The bass is a used bass and has some minor scratches and imperfections on the body (Mostly on the side and back which I am unable to show up in photos). This does not come with a gigbag or any case.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I live in Dagenham but I work around Kings Cross for convenience.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I will NOT haggle, I will not take any less for this bass so please don't ask or suggest. This bass is advertised elseware for more money but I want to give Basschatters a deal.[b] I will NOT post. [/b][/font][/color]

Edited by Shockwave