Why become a member? ×

Bands you liked that didn't last

Yank

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1493039940' post='3285069']

Cry of Love were superb. Audley Freed is one of my favorite guitarists. Another of my favorites is David Grissom from the short lived and now defunct Storyville with Malford Milligan on vocals. We do a few of their songs in our set including;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtD4xi5dOvk
[/quote]

Thanks for the link sound really good cheers

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1493032619' post='3284931']
Longpigs. 2 fantastic albums and then gone. Saw them a couple of times in Cambridge in the 90's.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Two awesome albums and then nothing. What happens to these great bands?

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1493052946' post='3285216']
How about some of those Camden bands from the late 80s / early 90s? Silverfish, Milk, Headcleaner, Faith Healers, The Love Blobs, The Telescopes, i bet nobody remembers them..
[/quote]
I remember Silverfish, I saw them when they supported Therapy? Great live band.

Edited by T-Bay

The Sex Pistols. The break up was right seeing how they had become, and in reality as a band they should have kept Glen Matlock, however I think without Sid Vicious they wouldn`t have gained quite as much notoriety.

UK, their light was all too brief!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeXSQl56no8"]http://www.youtube....h?v=AeXSQl56no8[/url]

Took a girl to see the band at the Decorum in Hemel in 79, was blown away by the music, lost the girl after about 15 mins, she was bored silly, but came home with the album...I've still got the album :)

Edited by Oopsdabassist

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1493049531' post='3285190']
I was into a band called Saigon Kick in the late 80s/early 90s, and another band called Jellyfish, who were both brilliant but didn't last.
[/quote]

Saigon Kick! I must have played that cd till it broke when I was a young teen.

But what about Mother Earth? 4 albums in the 90's and gone. Loved them!

The Armoury Show - ex-members of Magazine & The Skids who crafted massive, epic post-new wave rock. One proper album then gone.

Beltane Fire - saw them supporting Marillion in the mid 80s, more widescreen, epic pop-rock with endearingly silly lyrics based on Arthurian mytholgy. One album then phut. Turned out they were an old-school rockabilly band moonlighting as trendy 80s rockers. They pulled it off really well but that doghouse bass should've been a giveaway... :D

[quote name='SpcMnk' timestamp='1493055720' post='3285249']

Saigon Kick! I must have played that cd till it broke when I was a young teen.

But what about Mother Earth? 4 albums in the 90's and gone. Loved them!
[/quote]

Me too! That first Saigon Kick album was a sort of inspiration for my first band at the time - I think we knew it inside out!

Mother Earth? Doesn't ring a bell - what sort of thing were they?

I also had a great album from about 1988 called Johnny Diesel and the Injectors. Sort of mix of Aussie/American lively rock/blues stuff.

As far as I know the only album by that band, although the main guy went on to perform as just Diesel later.

Bunch of youngsters told me I'd love the Murderdolls,told them "don't be daft , I'm ancient !" Turned out the kids were right :)
Plenty songs about Sex & Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll, hints to horror movies and loads of swearing :D

Saw them 3 times in 4 months. Heard they split just as they got support slot on the Alice Cooper tour. Shame,that would have been great.

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1493048464' post='3285178']
As in 'Broken Land'? They were from around my neck of the woods. I sometimes gig with their former lead guitarist/songwriter.

D
[/quote]

Yes, thats them, its a great song.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1493063888' post='3285361']
Mother Earth? Doesn't ring a bell - what sort of thing were they?

[/quote]

Something completely different from Saigon Kick. Think they called it Acid Jazz

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGjklqwP6o&list=PL78321FCC6823E64F"]https://www.youtube....8321FCC6823E64F[/url]