Why become a member? ×

UM BONGO

Machines

I have a 5 HH and 5 HS, and they are the fastest punchiest basses I've played. I imagine it is due to the neck allowing you to play ultra fast, and the electronics/magnets in the pickups having a very tight aggressive response.

One thing I haven't tried is a lot of fuzz/overdrive with a Bongo...I've no idea why because the tone is probably a really good platform for effects.

Highly recommended that everyone try one. The ergonomics are very well thought out.

Edited by Musicman20

superb basses, I am consistently on the lookout for a 4H Bongo, and when the right opportunity comes up I will take it. Never had a more unfogiving bass than my 4HS. it is so honest/direct sounding that it makes you a better player... or quit playing ;)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='only4' timestamp='1495963878' post='3307749']
Looks lovely, just out of interest did the BassDirect advert say that the bass was fully cleaned and setup with new strings?
[/quote]

Setup yes strings no. They were utter crap.

Setup is personal anyway but only needed a truss rod tweak for me.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1495964498' post='3307756']

Setup yes strings no. They were utter crap.

Setup is personal anyway but only needed a truss rod tweak for me.
[/quote]

Just wondered as I received a bass from them a few years ago and was quite disappointed with the overall cleanliness and condition compared to how it had been portrayed in the blurb.
I guess that's the risk when you buy without trying first!

[quote name='only4' timestamp='1495966975' post='3307778']

Just wondered as I received a bass from them a few years ago and was quite disappointed with the overall cleanliness and condition compared to how it had been portrayed in the blurb.
I guess that's the risk when you buy without trying first!
[/quote]

Basically. I think they wipe down and make every instrument playable but a full setup and clean ? Haha no.