Why become a member? ×

Reverb recommendations?

elephantgrey

I'm GASing for a reverb pedal ATM.
Mostly looking for a versitile ambient verb that can go from light and shinny to deep and boomy.
Preferred features; infinite feedback, momentary switch to increase feedback, MIDI sync on any modulation, lots of controls to tweak.
Extra points for weird/unusual.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1492724900' post='3282789']
I'm GASing for a reverb pedal ATM.
Mostly looking for a versitile ambient verb that can go from light and shinny to deep and boomy.
Preferred features; infinite feedback, momentary switch to increase feedback, MIDI sync on any modulation, lots of controls to tweak.
Extra points for weird/unusual.
[/quote]

Source audio ventris will do all of this (when it's released). For a momentary switch you could use an Empress Reverb and have an expression pedal for decay?

Okay. After spending the weekend on YouTube watching every reverb review/demo I could find, here are my top picks (no particular order):-

BLACKOUT EFFECTORS - CUSTOM MODIFIED CADAVERNOUS mkII. A simple reverb, but with a huge depth of controlls. Has a swell switch, expression input and can be modded for an fx loop by blackout fx. (No modulation, so no MIDI needed)

MERIS EFFECTS - MERCURY7. Plate/cathedral reverb. Has a swell switch, MIDI/EXP input and unbelievable tweakability for its size.

EMPRESS - REVERB. Huge selection of sounds on this thing, MIDI sync, very tweekable. Only downside is there's no way to have a swell switch and midi at same time.

SAUCE AUDIO - VENTRIS. Amazing looking pedal. Loads of different types of reverbs, loads of tweaking, MIDI. No obvious way to swell, but may be able to set that up on pc.

OLD BLOOD NOISE ENDEAVOURS - DARKSTAR. The pitch and bitcrusher modes sound amazing from the videos. I'd have to play with the delay function to see if I could get on with it without tempo sync. Sounds like you can set it suptley and still turn the hold switch into a self occupation switch though.

Pedals I'm probably not going with but deserve a mention:-

SMALL GREY PEDALS - EUROPA REVERB. Nice sounding and has a feedback/swell switch. Probably just a bit simple control-wise for me, which is a shame.

FLUX EFFECTS - LIQUID AMBIANCE. If only they had a version with an expression, a week loop (instead of the dry), and and the more switch increased the space control instead of the evolve. Some nice features on this, they are all just not quite what I'm looking for. Again, it's a shame.

Anyone tried any of these/have any thoughts on any of them?
Also, if theses anything you think that I've missed please let me know.

Edited by elephantgrey

Are there any UK based pedal companies that offer custom pedals (/mods to there own pedals) that do a reverb as stock?

I'm just looking at options, trying to build a shortlist of interesting pedals ATM. Going to wait till the sauce audio comes out and then try and decide which one I want.

This is great
[url="https://musicsquare.co.uk/159022_TC-electronic-Arena-Reverb-guitar-effect-pedal.html"]https://musicsquare.co.uk/159022_TC-electronic-Arena-Reverb-guitar-effect-pedal.html[/url]
Or one of my favourite, with infinite option
[url="https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TE2"]https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TE2[/url]

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1494415779' post='3295736']
Do and of the toneprints on the TC pedals let you hold down the footswitch to affect things/do a swell?
[/quote]

To my knowledge, no. And none of them have an expression pedal input either so it's a case of dialling in the sound you want and that's it sadly. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

• 1 month later...