Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro 2 Laser Heritage

kevbass

Right, so as some of you may know, I scored this little number for 50 quid [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110301756434"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110301756434[/url]

Picked it up this morning, took the neck off, gave it all a good clean and then put the neck back on. Its turned out to be a nice clean tidy bass, there are 2 cracks to the body however,one by the bridge, and one inbetween the bridge and the bridge pup, so I took the bridge and bridge pup off and thankfully the cracks arent deep and looks as though its just a deep crack in the paint work.
The sound is great! The neck pup is really chunky and the bridge pup nice and barky, the toggle switch between the two and the tone control lets me dial in some decent tones, all the electrics work fine, no crackles or hiss and the slap sound is awesome! The neck is straight and the action is nice and low and it plays very nicely indeed. The neck feels like a jazz bass neck.

This one is going to be my main workhorse for a while, all in all, great value for 50 quid :)

Will post up pics soon

Edited by kevbass

• 1 year later...

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='846564' date='May 24 2010, 03:12 PM']my first bass was one of these - brilliant guitars - matsumoku made and I wish I hadn't sold it. If you come acoss on ewith Asterix and Obelix painted on it - it's mine and I want it back!![/quote]

Quite right - I've got two of these - they sound like something ten times the cost.
I would gladly take on board another. Black, this time. :)