Why become a member? ×

Midi looper pedal

Roland Rock

I've had a quick search and think I may be being a bit optimistic, but thought I'd consult the hive mind:

Our keyboard player has a Loopstation and mentioned that if I got a looper pedal we could midi sync and have all sorts of live fun.

So, is this possible for someone with circa £150 budget? The smaller the better too.

The closest i think your going to get to a midi synced looper for that price is a digitech jamman and one of these: http://www.customliveelectronics.com/en/effets-guitare/accessoires-pedales/24-syncman-jamman-synchronisation-midi-korg

I use a jamman stereo express xt with one and it sync's up fine to my boss rc50 /any of my other midi pedals (delay, drum machine, etc).

As for other looper pedals that sync to midi; rc50(only one I've tried other than the jamman), I think I read that the rc300 only sync's to other rc300s. TC electronic dito x4, TC Electronic Flashback X4, EHX 45000, Pigtronix Infinity Looper, Boomerang III, boss 505.

You could midi sync up to a Boss SL 20 slicer which is lots of fun.

I am selling one so I would say that! But if you are running MIDI clock somewhere you are always in time and that is lots and lots of fun

Midi sync just keeps all your time based effects in time. So your looper, delay, drum machine, and all your modulations' LFOs keep start and end at the same time (or fractions of).

It's especially useful for loopers, as most will quantise to the beat. This means you don't have to be perfect with you foot tapping to get the loop to sound good/keep in time.