Why become a member? ×

SOLD Maruszczyk Medium Scale Jake 4 (Precision) - Reduced!
£650

benebass

[b]Price drop - see below![/b]

Hi All - I'm reluctantly putting my beautiful Maruszczyk Jake back up for sale. There's loads on the forum about how great these basses are & this one's no exception. It's a one off medium (32") scale build with a chambered body, a Jazz-style neck & weighs approx. 3kg (6.6lb) - the lightest Precision I've ever seen!

The spec is: -

Jake 4p - Chambered, 32" medium scale
Body Wood - Alder with lightly flamed maple top and back
Neck - Maple with Maple fingerboard, 7.5" radius, 2.64/1.20mm fretwire (medium jumbo), 38mm nut width. White 3mm dots in front, matte finish, Mr. Tee (Telecaster style) headstock, 'C' profile (22mm at first fret, 25mm at twelfth feet)
Pickups - Haussel P with passive volume & tone
Hardware - Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
Colour - Redburst (red with black border) gloss

(It was originally built with a different neck with a rosewood board, but I commissioned Adrian to build this maple one that was fitted by Maruszczyk back in Poland - spare neck is sold now).

I've also fitted a Gotoh 201 bridge instead of the Hipshot Vintage bridge it was built with & I much prefer the current bridge (you can have the Hipshot bridge if you like, but I wasn't a fan).

Home use only, so really good condition - only a few light wear marks.

Pics: -

[attachment=246096:FB_IMG_1484601020172.jpg] [attachment=246097:IMG_20170520_190024354.jpg] [attachment=246098:IMG_20170520_190104297.jpg] [attachment=246099:IMG_20170520_190112055.jpg]

Ideally I'm looking for a cash / collection deal with the Maruszczyk gig bag for £500 (I'd do it for £450 collected without the gig bag for a quick sale - it fits standard Fender cases in my experience). If you're interested in a postal deal, I'd give me a shout & I'm sure we could work something out...

Cheers,

B. :)

P.S. Original sale thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/289364-withdrawn-maruszczyk-medium-scale-jake-4-lightest-precision-ever-possible-trade"]here[/url]

Edited by benebass

Hi - the Hipshot isn't a bad bridge, but didn't feel right to me. I had a Gotoh lying around unused so I fitted it & it made the bass feel a lot more solid. I'd say it gave it a bit more presence too, but it's a very subjective thing... ;)

[quote name='benebass' timestamp='1492447677' post='3280322']
Hi All - I'm reluctantly putting my beautiful Maruszczyk Jake back up for sale. There's loads on the forum about how great these basses are & this one's no exception. It's a one off medium (32") scale build with a chambered body & weighs approx. 3kg (6.6lb) - probably the lightest Precision ever!

The original spec was: -

Jake 4p - Chambered, 32” medium scale
Body Wood - Alder with lightly flamed maple top and back
Neck - Maple with Rosewood fingerboard, 10” radius, 2.64/1.20mm fretwire (medium jumbo), 40mm nut width. White 3mm dots in front, matte finish, Mr. Tee (Telecaster style) headstock, 'slim C' profile (21mm at first fret, 24mm at twelfth feet)
Pickups - Haussel P with passive volume & tone
Hardware - Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
Colour - Redburst (red with black border) gloss

I had it for a while & decided I wanted a maple neck, so Adrian built one for me. The spec is the same as above, but with a 7.5" radius, the Fender-style Hipshot Ultralites & a 1.5" (38mm) nut width - like an old Jazz Bass. I've also fitted a Gotoh 201 bridge instead of the Hipshot Vintage bridge it was built with & this is a big improvement. Home use only, so really good condition.

The deal is for the bass in a gig bag with both necks & I'll throw in both sets of Hipshot Ultralites. Pics: -

[attachment=243258:IMG_20170417_1650407701.jpg]

Here's the original sofa shot with the rosewood neck on: -

[attachment=243259:JakeBass.jpg]

No problem doing more photos if you want some :)

I also found a video of Adrian playing it to demonstrate the Haussel pickup. It's strung with Status 100s in the video: -

[media]http://youtu.be/h9YM7yg7Veo[/media]

I have since restrung it with Ernie Ball Slinky 45-105s & it sings with rounds on!

Ideally I'm looking for a cash / collection deal (I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne) for £650, which I think is a lot of bass for the price!

Postage may be an option, but will have to send the spare neck separately.

Cheers,

P.S. Original sale thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/289364-withdrawn-maruszczyk-medium-scale-jake-4-lightest-precision-ever-possible-trade"]here[/url]
[/quote]

What a bargain is this - as Tome appears to have realised!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1493314976' post='3287450']
Have a bump on me - this is a cut-price entry ticket to the wonderful world of Marra ownership (or multiple ownership even!!) :)
[/quote]

Thanks Mike!

PMs replied to... :)

Priced up next day fully insured UPS / Interparcel shipping & as I'd have to send it as two parcels with the spare neck it came in over £48, which was a bit of a shock!

Happy to split this though & do postage deal for an extra £25...

:)

Edited by benebass

Hi - put the spare neck up for sale separately ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/305276-maruszczyk-medium-scale-jake-neck/"]here[/url]). Would be happy with £650 for bass & neck including postage, but not keen on selling the bass on it's own if the neck doesn't sell first.

Cheers,

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1494342158' post='3295141']
This bass just looks great. The colour & finish is just superb
[/quote]

Thanks Marc! It's a beautiful bass & plays really well too - think I'll miss it when it's gone...

If I hadn't just traded for a Medium Scale P bass, I'd have been after this bass :)
I've already been active buying, selling & trading very recently, but I keep coming back to look at this beauty

Someone please buy it - to stop me from drooling over this one lol

Giving this a bump & would be interested in doing a cash / collection deal for £450 without the gig bag if you're near Tyneside - less than half the new price!

:)

Edited by benebass

Hi - had a few queries about postage. Interparcel / UPS fully insured next day works out at £29.26 & I'd want £500 for the bass in gig bag plus postage costs. Wouldn't want to post it without the gig bag for obvious reasons...

Quite fancy hanging on to the gig bag as it's a good one, so I'm offering the bass on it's own for £450 on a cash & collection deal if anyone in the North East fancies a quick sale.

Cheers,