Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
Hooch

SOLD Navigator jazz bass, 2007 £1020 shipped now
£1150

Posted (edited)

Killer jazz. Really. I'm selling my Navigator jazz bass, a 60s replica handmade in Japan in 2007. Construction & materials are top-notch, specs tick all the boxes for vintagey nuts like me : full nitro lacquer, bone nut, 7.25 radiused dark veneer fingerboard, spiral saddles bridge, very thin frets... minus the non-celluloid pickguard & gotoh GB2 tuning machines, it's as close as you'd expect to a pre-CBS Fender.

The bass is in great condition. A bucklerash mark on the back, a few marks here and there, but it's nice considering the ultra-thin paintjob. The OW is creamier in the flesh. Great playing condition too. Super-straight neck with low action, 45-100 fresh d'Addario roundwounds. No fretbuzz, trussrod in perfect working condition too. Nice resonant alder body, the bass isn't on the heavy side for a jazz : 9 lbs / 4kgs

As for the electronics : genuine Antiquity 2 pickups with passive CTS pots / Vitamin-Q condenser. Killer passive jazz sound, with tight lows and growly mids.

Comes with a fender american standard hard-case – i guess -, in good condition. £1020 /1150 euros shipped to your door in European countries.

Edited by Hooch

Thank you Greg ! This one will give a lot of jazz bass for the money.

Btw i didn't mention i live in France, near Paris

Posted (edited)

Thank you, plays & sounds great too !

Price drop. £1090/1300 euros shipped to your door in european countries.

Edited by Hooch

£1050 / 1250 euros shipped to your door price cut bump

Still for sale. It's a great jazz. Top-notch quality / affordable price.

(...) Reading my first post again, "dark veneer fingerboard"'s material is honduras rosewood.

Edited by Hooch

1200 euros / £1050 price drop bump. Shipping fees to Europe are included. Sorry for UK people, exchange rate has evolved since my former price cut :-/

It really is a great jazz, high-end specs, craftmanship, playability & tone.

Thank you, they're great instruments indeed. I probably had 12 of them during the last 5 years - which i admit is kind of ridiculous -, this one is a great Navigator.

It's a great Navigator and a sweet deal. Sweeter now as it's yours, shipped to your door in European countries for £1020 / 1150 euros. Bargain.

Posted (edited)

Killer jazz / nice price bump.

More specs infos on ESP Navigator website:
http://espguitars.co.jp/navigator/njbalr.html

Edited by Hooch

This one is as close as you'd expect to a pre-CBS jazz, at a fraction of the price.