Why become a member? ×

Favourite 2x10 for low B?

Bassy

Hi i sold a Mesa boogie 4x10 and i want to replace it with a couple of 2x10's, just so its easier to transport. I like the idea of Eden D210xlt/ xst cabs, but I've read that they break up when using a 5 string? Surely that cant be true? Any other 2x10's that people are using that sound good for low B?
Btw. I'm using a Gk800rb head - 300w
Thanks.

The best 210 I've ever used was 2 Bergantino AE210 cabs. Tight low end, punchy mids, full, fat, no boom, mud or woolliness. Low B (and the other 4 strings) heaven. I moved on to Berg 112's then a Berg 212, which were all fantastic cabs, but those 210's really were special.

I would expect their replacements, the HD210's and HDN210's, to be equally good. Bergs are going to be increasingly unobtainable with the pound exchange rate tanking.

If you want to find a great UK made 210 I'd read some reviews of the Barefaced Two10. I haven't played one yet but my One10 is an eye opener and the reports of the Two10 seems to indicate another equally game changing cab.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1492335670' post='3279429']
If you want to find a great UK made 210 I'd read some reviews of the Barefaced Two10. I haven't played one yet but my One10 is an eye opener and the reports of the Two10 seems to indicate another equally game changing cab.
[/quote]
I too use a One10. It handles the B easily. No reason to doubt the Two10 would do just as well