Why become a member? ×

Squier jazz bass, active, Badass bridge, Bartolini pups
£275

sprocketflup

Price : £275

Hi, here we have for a sale a Squier jazz that has been upgraded in several ways.

**Edit new pics added as Photobucket doesn't want to play anymore it seems. These pics show the bass with standard 3 knob control plate, the EBS pre utilises a 4 hole one**

Bartolini pick ups
Badass II bridge
EBS onboard pre-amp
Fender scratch plate
Jack socket mounted in body to retain 4 hole jazz control plate
Full size open tuners

I bought this bass from StingrayPete1977 of this very parish a couple of years ago. I believe he built it up himself, and I'm sure the parts alone outweigh the asking price.

It has served me well, been gigged a few times and really held its own. It has a vey low action which I tweaked upwards a bit to suit my slightly clumsier playing style, it would only take a few turns of the screws to put it back.

Time to move it on tho, as its just not getting used at the moment as all my time is being channelled into fretless and upright these days. Since I acquired it, it has suffered a ding at the back near the neck plate ( pictured) and a few scuffs of paint near the jack socket. It has been gigged in the past, so is not pristine, but overall in pretty good nick. One thing it does feature that I must say I'm not a fan of, is a Fender logo on the headstock. Not all will see it that way though I'm sure. It fooled a fair few soundmen/punters :)

I've used some of Pete's original pics (hope he doesn't mind), plus a few of my own here.

Bass is located near Axminster, but I do travel around the country a bit with my band, so am happy to bring it along to a gig if I'm playing anywhere near you. Here's my band dates here - [url="http://www.cloudbustingkatebushtribute.com/dates.html"]http://www.cloudbust....com/dates.html[/url] Postage isnt entirely out of the question either.

The pics -

Edited by sprocketflup

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1492548989' post='3281200']
I went to a dyslexic rave last night, everyone was taking F, and one bloke in the corner was trying to inject a heron.
[/quote]

To a dyslexic that is offensive. I would definitely not buy anything from you.

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1492365226' post='3279710']
The Chuckle Brothers are now working for British Gas...

To meter you
[/quote]

I'd be tempted to buy it just to stop the jokes! Some kind of evil new sales strategy?

Thanks for the input fellas.
Grangur - That's interesting, being offended is a subjective thing though, it, believe it or not, is your choice. Does my own dyslexia fly in the face of your revelation? Am I not allowed to poke fun at myself? If you were to not purchase items from any person who ever made an 'offensive' joke at something , I'm pretty sure you'd starve to death fairly quickly. But like I said, thank you for your input.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand after all this is a 'For Sale' thread. I may part this out if anyone is interested?

• 2 months later...