Why become a member? ×

Selling via bank transfer in europe

andytoad

Just a quick question all,
I may be about to sell an item within Europe via bank transfer.

Aside from waiting 24 hours once the credit has been recieved into my account, is there anything else I need to ensure? Are there any different rules/abilities in recalling the credit by a European bank (as I understand U.K to U.K. transfers are pretty final)?

Thanks in advance..

I always thought I was really late to the party when it came to Transferwise, so I never really mentioned it before. Surprised at how many people are still fighting with Paypal and excessive bank transfer charges when buying and selling in Europe. (Careful not to mention the B word and 'it can only get worse' etc etc)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1492245304' post='3278890']
Used Transferwise (was sceptical at first) and it was as easy as a bank transfer but way cheaper than bank charges.
[/quote]

I can concur.

I bought an amp from Germany, and they insisted on Euros. Paypal fees or bank charges totted up to around £30 -ish

Transferwise charges amounted to £2.50. The problem was getting the german company to accept that as payment. They did in the end, but they must have figured that they might get scammed, because they hadn't heard of Transferwise

Anyway, i'd use them again at the drop of a hat

Edited by fleabag