Why become a member? ×

Later with Joolz last night

spectoremg

• 1 month later...

Just looking at the lineup for this year’s Hootenanny. Here we go -

Michael Buble, Jess Glynne, Nile Rodgers / Chic, George Ezra, Marc Almond, Rudimental, Yolanda, The Record Company, Junior Giscombe, Hot 8 Brass Band, Ruby Turner and the Pipes&Drums of the Battalion Scots Guards.

Plenty of stuff there for the naysayers......

28 minutes ago, casapete said:

Michael Buble, Jess Glynne, Nile Rodgers / Chic, George Ezra, Marc Almond, Rudimental, Yolanda, The Record Company, Junior Giscombe, Hot 8 Brass Band, Ruby Turner and the Pipes&Drums of the Battalion Scots Guards.

Marc frigging Almond !!!!!!!

Edited by steantval
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, steantval said:

Marc frigging Almond !!!!!!!

He was on something with Jason Manford at the Albert Hall (a re-run from last Christmas) - singing a Christmas Carol of some format, he missed every cue, seemed to forget what he was singing...just not good.

I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke, but I just cannot listen to him at all.

• Like 1

Nile Rogers seems to be everywhere at the moment. Seem him / them on several shows in recent months.

Not that i'm complaining as the band are first class and Mr Barnes is simply unbelievable and makes bass look so easy.

Yolanda is on too but which one is that. The bass player or something else xD

11 hours ago, casapete said:

No Roland Rivron? 😪

23 hours ago, casapete said:

there, are 12 reasons I'll be finding summat else to do, soz.

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

Ah, it's the old "why don't they play something *I* like?" litany again. Well, if the Yolanda in question is Yolanda Charles, I'd watch it just for her. I'd wager that she's a better bassist than the vast majority of us here.

19 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Is Jools even relevant anymore?

The day I find live music to be no longer relevant, will be the day I sell all my gear and take up stamp collecting instead. The fact that everyone moans about different parts of his programme would tend to suggest that the balance is generally right.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ah, it's the old "why don't they play something *I* like?" litany again. Well, if the Yolanda in question is Yolanda Charles, I'd watch it just for her. I'd wager that she's a better bassist than the vast majority of us here.

The day I find live music to be no longer relevant, will be the day I sell all my gear and take up stamp collecting instead. The fact that everyone moans about different parts of his programme would tend to suggest that the balance is generally right.

But I 'moan' about  all parts of his programme 😊. And who pray is Yolanda Charles? If she's a pro bass player she damn well oughta be better than a bedroom bass hero like me!