Why become a member? ×

Later with Joolz last night

spectoremg

On 03/01/2019 at 16:04, Japhet said:

Don't get me started on her. The only 'interviewer' I know (i use the term loosly) who asks a guest a question and then shrieks over their answer to express her own half baked opinion.

I remember her trying to justify her "nudgy nudgy" park thing when she was parking her mini infront of Evan's new Ferrari.

Found a pic of the damage she did here - https://www.aol.co.uk/2011/01/28/vanessa-feltz-chris-evans-ferrari/

Although the news reports goes against what Evans told on the radio... he was jaw dropped when Vanessa defended her actions when she recalled how she keeps reversing until she feels her car "touch" the car behind and then move forward slightly.

It really depresses me how people like this get famous. Can't present, can't park... what next?

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

What about the breakfast Talksport show with Alan Brazil and chums?

Nope - for me sport would be the same as listening to a program on religion. As it is I have to turn the TV off before I leave for work as they get to the sport bit.

2 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I really like her - her interview questions are generally thought provoking. 

Just goes to show, we are all different! 

She is awful for what I want in the morning, she is bright and cheerful and tries really hard to be funny. I don't want her interviewing people, the last thing I want to hear is interviews with musicians, frankly, I don't care what their song means to them, that is irrelevant to me. If I cared I would look it up.

Its before 8.00am. I don't want bright and cheerful, I don't find her good to listen to, she is professional and she seems like she is trying really hard (and I am sure she is) and I find her kind of shrill. She is kind of a perfect radio DJ.

The previous guy was brilliant. He was subdued, grumpy, moaned a bit, completely random, not even vaguely enthusiastic and played a variety of music. He is not a perfect radio DJ and as a result he was perfect.

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

What about the breakfast Talksport show with Alan Brazil and chums? You don't have to be a huge footy fan to enjoy it as they also cover golf, cricket , tennis, racing, motorsport, rugby and general random banter. The mood is light and Brazil has always had good sparring partners like Ally McCoist, Ray Parlour and the late great Ray Wilkins. R4's today programme  generally makes me feel suicidal and TBH 99.9% of music on the radio bugs me whether its rock, pop, classical whatever  so i never tune in to any music show

This.

Since first getting a car with DAB about 5 years ago, I only listen to TalkSport. I can't listen to music radio because I hate modern music and that is what is played. News radio gets boring and depressing. I could play some music from my ipod that is connected to the radio system, and occasionally I do, but TalkSport is on 99% of the time. From knowing that you can present better than Alan Brazil, to getting annoyed at the supercilious Jim White, to enjoying H&J, and then shouting at the deliberately provocative listen-in-and-dial-bait that is Adrian Durham and Darren Gough. It's all good. Even the adverts are better than most ordinary commercial radio when you get adverts for carpet shampoo and washing machines; at least on talk sport they are adverts for combi-drills and plywood! Proper man's stuff! 

• Like 1

Music radio stations hardly ever play anything that's to my taste these days, so I don't listen to them (rather than, y'know, just complain about it) ;). If I listen to the radio at all it's usually either 4 or 4Extra. In the car it's jazz or prog mp3s, or more often an audiobook.

Edited by Rich

I can't bear people talking on the radio, it drives me mad. The best radio service I ever heard was the Test Transmissions for the original Jazz FM; jazz, soul, blues, African, jazz-influenced pop (Sting, Van Morrison, Steely Dan & the like), roots and Americana.....and no introductions or irrelevant waffling on of any kind.  True, I could have done with knowing what the tracks were (and in many cases, who played on them), but that was close to perfect for me.

The worst thing for me is phone-ins. I could not care less what Tina in Peterborough thinks about the latest Governmental crisis......

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

The previous guy was brilliant. He was subdued, grumpy, moaned a bit, completely random, not even vaguely enthusiastic and played a variety of music. He is not a perfect radio DJ and as a result he was perfect.

I can see how that would work for you👍

On 11/01/2019 at 14:14, Deanol said:

Since first getting a car with DAB about 5 years ago, I only listen to TalkSport. I can't listen to music radio because I hate modern music and that is what is played. News radio gets boring and depressing. I could play some music from my ipod that is connected to the radio system, and occasionally I do, but TalkSport is on 99% of the time. From knowing that you can present better than Alan Brazil, to getting annoyed at the supercilious Jim White, to enjoying H&J, and then shouting at the deliberately provocative listen-in-and-dial-bait that is Adrian Durham and Darren Gough. It's all good. Even the adverts are better than most ordinary commercial radio when you get adverts for carpet shampoo and washing machines; at least on talk sport they are adverts for combi-drills and plywood! Proper man's stuff! 

The last time I listened to Talksport was either 1995 or 1996. Damon Hill had just put his Williams on pole for the following day's British Grand Prix. British driver in a British car for the British Grand Prix, and all the imbeciles could find to talk about was the transfer window.