Why become a member? ×

Later with Joolz last night

spectoremg

10 hours ago, GuyR said:

It was.

Terry Reid was outstanding.

Interesting - I was a massive music fan back in the 70s and had also never heard of Terry Reid either - great singer and like seemingly a few other people, seems to have been a potential Led Zeppelin member before their line up was finalised. 

Reid was managed by Micky Most back in the 70s (about as frightful in the 70s as Simon Cowell is today) who seemingly steered him down a ballad style rather than rock. Somehow can't see him in the same vein as Peters and Lee, Davids Soul or Cassidy, or Julio Iglesias (with apologies for any duff spelling)  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

I was in the audience last night and absolutely loved it. Being a few metres away from Damon Albarn and Paul Simonon was quite surreal!

You wouldn’t get me within a few hundred metres of Albarn, I find him totally annoying 👎

And - he would definitely find me annoying.

Edited by steantval

11 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

I was in the audience last night and absolutely loved it. Being a few metres away from Damon Albarn and Paul Simonon was quite surreal!

I’d have to make an attempt to kill Albarn if I found myself that close 

no jury would convict me

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

I’d have to make an attempt to kill Albarn if I found myself that close 

no jury would convict me

It’s not that I’m jealous of his success or begrudge it. I just hate his persona and I’m totally sure that he is, in person, a complete tango whisky alpha tango  

On 31 October 2018 at 08:49, Frank Blank said:

He was, knew nothing about the man, loved that performance.

Worth looking at his performance from Glastonbury 1971. I don’t know how to post a link. Very loose band but a great voice, and a nice blackguard Tele. Great to see him still performing.

Thanks for the extra info DrTStingray. Not a typical peters&Lee stablemate, I agree.

Edited by GuyR

Really enjoyed Mattiel, I thought her band were had a bit of attitude. Jungle sounded like an 80s revival band.

As for Damon and co, I was dissapointed. I bought the first GB&TQ album which was ok in parts but looking at the new stuff maybe they should have left it as a one off project.

Flicked through the last two episodes of the series last night.

Very disappointed. This series of 'Later' was really the weakest in years, and there's some stiff competition in there!

It's really what's been posted before - that there seems to be a weekly 'formula' to the guests, and it's getting seriously dull.

We need live music on TV, but this? I really think it's time to put JH and his show out to pasture, and start again. It's been running since 1992 - with so much having changed since then, is there a place for the programme?

Soon be time for the Hootenanny - time again for Ruby Turner, Roland Rivron, etc, and the same approach as the last 24!

Based solely on the response to Damon Albarn on here I've sought out the The Good, The Bad & The Queen album and am thoroughly enjoying it, some lovely reggae influenced bass lines running through it. I remember my Dad *spits* turning TOTP or the radio off when Bowie, Roxy Music or Sparks (there were more, it was quite an extensive list) came on, it was a clue to the music actually being interesting.

• Like 1