Why become a member? ×

***Sold*** Dingwall AB1 3X Wenge Neck
£2750

Bearfist

[b]£2500[/b]

Well this is a surprise, i know I've said this before but this really is something i never planned on doing, i'm thinking of selling my stunning 2016 Dingwall AB1.

I recently picked up a 4 string Dingwall and i really don't think i will be going back to 5's now, was a 4 string player for years and i think i'm gonna be again so i'm moving this on and ordering a new build 4 i think.

So the spec.... This is a a 2016 (July) AB1 3X, it has a Glockenklang 3 band Pre, Wenge Neck and Wenge board, and a Maple Burl top which is bleached, dyed then finished in a black burst (think Dingwall call this a faded black burst) The condition is 10/10, there is not a mark on it, no buckle rash nothing, its perfect. I had this bass built and have been the only owner and although I've done a few shows with this its' primarily been a studio bass and my most prized possession and as such has been extremely well looked after.

I'l let the pictures say the rest....

[attachment=242875:IMG_2856.JPG][attachment=242874:IMG_2827.JPG][attachment=242880:IMG_2845.JPG][attachment=242877:IMG_2838.JPG][attachment=242879:IMG_2840.JPG][attachment=242878:IMG_2851.JPG][attachment=242876:IMG_2837.JPG][attachment=242881:AB53Front.jpg][attachment=242882:AB53Back.jpg]

The price includes UK shipping if you wanted it shipped and i know the price is big but a new one of these on the current price list works out just a pinch short of £4000 i think so i think its a decent price considering the current 14/18 month wait on new builds.

I no longer have the Dingwall gigbag, I don't think much of them and have sold every single one i've had, i do have a fairly new Warwick bag here i will throw in with this.

Message me for any more info.

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1492005737' post='3277108']
Jinkies that's nice!
Is it 3-band, volume and 5? way selector?
[/quote]

Cheers!

Yeah 3 band ([color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Bass @40 Hz, [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Mid @550 Hz [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Treble @18 KHz which doubles up as a passive tone control), 5 way selector (n, n+b para, m+b series, b ), and Volume with push pull for active/passive.[/font][/color]

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1492006430' post='3277120']
I need an emoticon showing my jaw smashing down through two floors below. :)
[/quote]

Haha! Yeah she's a looker, my perfect bass except the number of strings, cant have this sitter there doing nothing, probably just gonna order a 4 sting version as soon as this goes tbh.

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1492006430' post='3277120']
I need an emoticon showing my jaw smashing down through two floors below. :)
[/quote]

Is there an emoticon that shows you knocking your head against the wall due to the plethora of utterly beautiful basses in the marketplace at the moment? Stunning Dingwall ...... wow.

[quote name='ChazzJEUK' timestamp='1492019351' post='3277280']
Any trades on this beaut?
[/quote]

Probably not on this although its not entirely out of the question, would only be interested in 4's. TBH there isn't anything i'm looking for really but happy to listen to offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck, this is absolutely stupendous, being really picky Id fit the Darkglass pre but that's a personal thing. I really wish I could buy it, but I can't 😩

Edited by CPBass