Why become a member? ×

Machine Head Screws

gtown

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can help.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I have a 40 year old czech flatback with machine heads as per the photo below [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Unfortunately a screw holding and locking one of the gears in place has fallen out & gone missing. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Does anyone know where I might be able to source replacement screws for this type of machine head[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Cheers[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Greg[/size][/font][/color]

[attachment=242873:DBass Machine Head.jpg]

Do you mean the big screw in the centre of the gear / "cog"?
I had the same thing happen. So I emailed strunal, who make the tuners
They sent one to me - cost a few quid, and took a couple of weeks
But if you email them a close-up photo, they'll be able to identify the exact part

EDIT: This was the email address of the person I dealt with - mind it was a couple of years back
Very helpful lady by the name of Julie Miller....
[email protected]

Edited by Marc S

• 1 month later...