Why become a member? ×

I don't get the whole putting a Fender decal on a non Fender bass thing

nash

I have a '94 Korean Squier Jazz, a battered thing that sounds fantastic (the electronics are all replacements, however...). My favourite Jazz of all the ones I have owned including 3 75RI Fenders... the thing is it's a Jazz neck (I like chunkier ones best) and rosewood for fingerboard (while I prefer maple).

So I ordered a new neck for it... and it would need a logo.

I simply had a replica made, down to the serial number:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1495785796' post='3306497']
I have a '94 Korean Squier Jazz, a battered thing that sounds fantastic (the electronics are all replacements, however...). My favourite Jazz of all the ones I have owned including 3 75RI Fenders... the thing is it's a Jazz neck (I like chunkier ones best) and rosewood for fingerboard (while I prefer maple).

[/quote]

And nothing wrong with that at all.
I hope you are going to call it 'Triggers Broom of Doom'.
:)

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1495785796' post='3306497']

[/quote]

That's the way to do it....

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a secondhand Bravewood jazz for £1200 the guy I got it off put has put a fender decal on it.
It plays and sounds better than most of the CS fenders I have played in the past.
If I get the chance to by another Bravewood I would in a hart beat.
I can't understand why the man who builds handmade basses doesn't put his name on it personally I would of preferred that.

ive just bought this..
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:246796]

its someone else's bitsa base emulating a J-Bass american vintage 64 and comes with Fender Decal..

Id like to customise it to my liking and may remove the decal [haven't decided yet on how bothered I am either way], so as not to be a sheep in wolves clothing;)

surely its how you play the thing, and how it feels and sounds anyway and not the badge it has or hasn't got on it.

If I do though, anyone point me in the direction of the process of safely removing the decal, and a shop fro custom decals would be good too! [i like the idea of designing and uploading my own].

[quote name='DanH71' timestamp='1496845904' post='3314264']
surely its how you play the thing, and how it feels and sounds anyway and not the badge it has or hasn't got on it.
[/quote]

Ironically, I put the decals on mine so I could stop having that very conversation with every band I depped for/muso bloke in the audience.

I know it's stupid, but it worked.