Why become a member? ×

Saw my old band last night.

Bassman Sam

As the title says, I went to see the Status Quo tribute band I co-founded in 1995. I was the original bass player and was with them for 6 years. I left due to moving from Chelmsford to Cheshire and was replaced with John Bower, a lurker on here. He's a musical director and plays with The Real Thing, The Carpenter's Story and was Boney M's MD.

I just want to give him credit for taking the band from a bunch of mates having a good time to a really professional band. He was playing a Status Charger, the Rhino Edwards bass through a Markbass rig and it sounded wonderful. I had a great night meeting up with old and new friends.

Thing is, John has given me really bad gas for a Status now. What a sound.

Thought it might be. It's a small bass world. Iain the dep/ permanent guitarist, is one of my oldest pals. Until 6 months ago we were in QuoMotion together. We'd did it for almost 8 years. It was great fun.
The Status sound is very tempting. It's never good when gas hits post gig.

[quote name='KingPrawn' timestamp='1491811606' post='3275440']
Thought it might be. It's a small bass world. Iain the dep/ permanent guitarist, is one of my oldest pals. Until 6 months ago we were in QuoMotion together. We'd did it for almost 8 years. It was great fun.
The Status sound is very tempting. It's never good when gas hits post gig.
[/quote]

Like you say, small world. Ian was really good but should invest in a better wig.