Why become a member? ×

Deluxe VS Elite any improvement?

stevekendal

Quite a lot is different, the necks are compound radius and compound shape. They have a truss wheel adjustment for the necks now. And they received a very good new pickup and a new preamp.

The neck is lovely, very nice feel in the hands and the QC is faultless.

Price has gone up over the past 12 months, new fender uk pricing and currency flutacions have led to that.

• 2 years later...

I have a Precision Elite and a Jazz Deluxe but, personally, I'm not a fan of the Fender pre amps. I'm seriously thinking about fitting a John East in my Jazz Deluxe, to make it more usable. It is very well made though and looks gorgeous (black with maple neck with black blocks and binding). I picked mine up for £850 S/H, which is a very good price.

I own a Jazz Elite 5. QC is generally great, but I had to pry out the battery cover and sand it slightly, because it was a super tight fit. Not a big issue but I didn't expect it!  The action was a little high, and the saddles were as low as they could go. So the shop shimmed the neck slightly and set it up really nicely.

I agree with one of the above comments that the pickups can be a bit dark. Preamp has good frequencies but is quite subtle. The balance control is more like a switch! Turn it 1mm either way from mid position and that pickup is on. Not a true blend IMO.

So I plan to mess around with it. Maybe new pickups and Pre.

I've got a Deluxe Dimension V and an Elite Dimension V. Only difference I can tell is the logo (black vs silver), the hard case and the price. The American Dimensions have always had the compound neck and truss rod wheels.