Why become a member? ×

Awsome Police.

bubinga5

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1491133855' post='3270700']
Good tune. I know some have derided stings lyrics. But I have always enjoyed them and found them very apt. He seems to have a song for every emotion.
[/quote]

I'll second that. I've never actually heard criticism of his lyrics, but then I've never bothered to read any music magazines etc - and i was too young to notice when I first heard the Police.

You also have to take into account he's singing while playing bass too.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1491151760' post='3270833']
"Their logic ties me up and rapes me"
Well you cant argue with that! :D
[/quote]

Exactly , sir, but it was the bit about Elephants just prior to that line that gets me. I love animals, especially grey ones.

Love this song! I originally learned how play the guitar part, but was seduced by that beautiful bassline, and was dragged into the wonderful world of low-notes.
Much of my early bass education was spent playing along to Outlandos d'Amour and Regatta de Blanc - quality stuff.

I always thought Outlandos to be underrated. Take away Be My Girl and Born in the 50s and you've got an incredibly solid album with some great basslines. Peanuts anyone?

[quote name='Spaced' timestamp='1491333807' post='3272245']
I always thought Outlandos to be underrated. Take away Be My Girl and Born in the 50s and you've got an incredibly solid album with some great basslines. Peanuts anyone?
[/quote]

A friend of mine used to have a lurcher dog called 'Peanuts'. He used to go mental when Sting started shouting 'Peaaaaaanuts!' at the end of that track. :D