Why become a member? ×

My apologies, to who it may concern.

bubinga5

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1491078772' post='3270401']

Its just nice to be nice and sounds like things are pretty low for Bubinga5 at the moment.

Bubinga5 has posted some great stuff on here and he's offered some good advice and help to me over the few years i've been here.
Life is better when friends can be helped even if its just a few words of support.

Dave
[/quote]👍

It's good to see a bit of *real life* on the net, where people are often too quick at releasing their frustrations as aggression under the cover of anonimity, and see that humans can be nice people. Nice group hug... but who's getting next round? My glass is empty! ;)

Thank you all here for being cool guys.

Its there if you need it Bubinga5.
Good to see you back on here and adding to the bass cause again.

PM me if you need it to keep you out there gigging. You have a lot of fans and friends on here.
I'd be happy to drive down and might have an amp and cab you could use too. Not the best of gear but it might help you out and when you get back on your feet give me a shout and i'll come down and pick it back up again.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1490978407' post='3269591']
My apologies, to who it may concern.
[/quote]

Perfectly unacceptable. <_< 'To [b][i]whom [/i][/b]it may concern'..! :rolleyes:

:lol: :P

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1491152405' post='3270840']...
I'd be happy to drive down and might have an amp and cab you could use too. Not the best of gear but it might help you out and when you get back on your feet give me a shout and i'll come down and pick it back up again...
[/quote]

Lanark - Cheltenham, there and back (twice..?)..! Surely the stuff of heroes..! Medals deserved simply for [i]offering[/i], I say. It doesn't get much better than that. Good man, that fellow. Hat duly doffed. :hi:

I'm retired so plenty of time on my hands. I enjoy driving and would just be a day out for me and wife.
I guess its not the same quality Bubinga5 has been used to but it would be good to see him cheered up a bit at moment.
Not a big deal.
Isn't that part of being on Basschat forum. Helping others ?

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1490994405' post='3269782']

I read the comment, I really didn't take it as insult.

I know I have some positions that don't make a lot of sense. I attribute it to advancing years.😁

Blue
[/quote]
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you cannot insult this guy. Many have tried in posts before this and he has remained dignified, calm and stood by his point of view regardless of what was thrown his way. He is as constant as the North Star. Well more of a western pub group celeb but you know what I mean. :D

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1491157674' post='3270913']
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you cannot insult this guy. Many have tried in posts before this and he has remained dignified, calm and stood by his point of view regardless of what was thrown his way. He is as constant as the North Star. Well more of a western pub group celeb but you know what I mean. :D
[/quote]

+1 on that. Blue takes everything in his stride. :lol:

Dave

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1491157674' post='3270913']
[/quote]

You mean he wont listen to what anyone else says, about anything????

Dave, can I call you Dave? you do sign off that way.

If you want to break the journey I would gladly meet you in the midlands ( I live near j28 of the M1 and take your gear down to Bubinga.

I too am retired and would treat it as a day out . I don't have a fiver of any description otherwise I would offer it too.

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1491161429' post='3270952']

You mean he wont listen to what anyone else says, about anything????
[/quote]

I listen, can't say I'll always understand.

And yeah, I'm biased when it comes to certain issues. I'm a proud 60s & 70s guy.

I say stand up for your generation and respect other generations.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1491166567' post='3271007']
Dave, can I call you Dave? you do sign off that way.

If you want to break the journey I would gladly meet you in the midlands ( I live near j28 of the M1 and take your gear down to Bubinga.

I too am retired and would treat it as a day out . I don't have a fiver of any description otherwise I would offer it too.
[/quote]

Dave is good for me.
I knew there were other people out there that cared as much about fellow bassists.
That's a great offer and depending on how things go that might be a good option.
Can only thank you myself and keep you posted on what happens.

I have to say at this point that i'm no saint and wouldn't do this for everyone.
There are a few people on Basschat that i've known since joining and following their posts you kinda get a picture of who they are.
They are people that i feel i could trust and are well respected long term members.

Don't want the flood gates opening and i end up with no gear for myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1491207419' post='3271129']
Dave is good for me.
I knew there were other people out there that cared as much about fellow bassists.
That's a great offer and depending on how things go that might be a good option.
Can only thank you myself and keep you posted on what happens.

I have to say at this point that i'm no saint and wouldn't do this for everyone.
There are a few people on Basschat that i've known since joining and following their posts you kinda get a picture of who they are.
They are people that i feel i could trust and are well respected long term members.

[b]Don't want the flood gates opening and i end up with no gear for myself :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

Dave
[/quote]
. :tatice_03:

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1491298612' post='3271865']
Considering the general demographic of this forum I have to say there's a whole bunch of people I really would not like to see naked and I'm putting myself top of that list. ;)
[/quote]

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: