Why become a member? ×

Markbass K1 Combo - the new K(ing) on the block?

Al Krow

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1500916882' post='3341075']
So what qualifies as good looking in your books, then?! If you say "Barefaced" I'm gonna say "should have gone to specsavers" :)
[/quote]

No, we are in full agreement there. Barefaced also scores high on the fugly scale. If we are talking combo stacks, I like the look of a Mesa Walkabout/Scout combination. But I am not THAT shallow, function over form so I would even suffer a Barefaced or Markbass stack :)

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1500985256' post='3341470']
No, we are in full agreement there. Barefaced also scores high on the fugly scale. If we are talking combo stacks, I like the look of a Mesa Walkabout/Scout combination. But I am not THAT shallow, function over form so I would even suffer a Barefaced or Markbass stack :)
[/quote]
[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1500985825' post='3341476']
Done a few Festival gigs recently with a House P.A. and Soundie and without fail, when they see my MB combo, be it the Minimark 802 or CMD121P they say 'Good, no problems there'!
[/quote]

Yup have had a full 3 years of positive gigging with my MB combo - never let me down once, and at 500W it has never lacked for headroom. And nah, they're far from ugly! :)

Function over form, agreed and always. But it doesn't have to be either / or does it? And when the engineers and design team get function and form working together, they're onto a winner. So if Alex designs his Gen 4 as good looking Barefaced cabs, well count me in for sure!

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1500985583' post='3341473']
I think I might take the Markbass badges off. They are silly large :blink:
[/quote]

Now that you mention it, they are pretty massive! Looks much better with just the smaller Alain Caron badges.

That looks like a killer stack, very nice rig.

The logos are stuck on with double sided sticky foam that's fairly easy to remove. I removed the full-size logos from my NY804's, looks much better now.

Edited by Treb

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1501088768' post='3342433']
No denying they look better without the SHOUTY logo :)
[/quote]

Next thing you know, you'll be trying them out, finding yourself massively impressed, parting with a wedge of cash, wowing your band mates with your new authoritative tone and effortless headroom, find audiences thinking you're the bees' knees and becoming a devotee... :D

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1501089709' post='3342440']
Next thing you know, you'll be trying them out, finding yourself massively impressed, parting with a wedge of cash, wowing your band mates with your new authoritative tone and effortless headroom, find audiences thinking you're the bees' knees and becoming a devotee... :D
[/quote]

I actually used to have a LM800 head that I gigged for about a year. Horrid in appearance but it worked well enough. My back would love me parting ways with my Mesa Venture and 2 Tecamp L212's but I need enough speakers to keep up with my guitardist and drummer. So perhaps I will own a MB head again in future, but not with speakers in small enclosures... hourses for courses and such.

• 4 months later...