Why become a member? ×

Crack Converters Pitsea Yamaha BB1100S £250?

Paul S

I found myself in the hamlet of Pitsea, near Basildon, this morning. Actually on purpose, I didn't get lost. I wasn't alone, however. Saw a Crack Converters so popped in, as you do. They had an old Yamaha BB1100S in black which looked in good 'clean used' nick as far as I could tell as it was hanging up the other other side of the desk. Not sure if that is 'an absolute steal' at £250 or just 'a decent price' but this I am sure would be a quality 80s active PJ bass. I would have made them a near offer and brought it home to casa S except I am trying to lose my 4 strings, not gain therm.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1490880807' post='3268748']
I found myself in the hamlet of Pitsea, near Basildon, this morning. Actually on purpose, I didn't get lost. I wasn't alone, however. Saw a Crack Converters so popped in, as you do. They had an old Yamaha BB1100S in black which looked in good 'clean used' nick as far as I could tell as it was hanging up the other other side of the desk. Not sure if that is 'an absolute steal' at £250 or just 'a decent price' but this I am sure would be a quality 80s active PJ bass. I would have made them a near offer and brought it home to casa S except I am trying to lose my 4 strings, not gain therm.
[/quote]bargin and a wonderful bass

Quite interesting to see Crack Convertors put such a reasonable price on a bass. I pop into my local one regularly and find they price pretty close to any other shop with only obscure stuff being a decent bargain. If someone does buy that you can almost guarantee you could get your money back if you sold it on.

Guess being able to google it and find a price rather than having to know anything about it makes it easy

On my way there now to take a look... Will let you know if I grab it! Also... At the cash converters in Basildon town centre a few years ago I bought a Warwick Vampyre (the ones with the 5k price tag new) with serial number 001 for £700. You do grt the occassional steal from cash converters!

Well... That was a good deal!

I had a good look at the Yammy, also had a good look at a 70's Ibanez Concord acoustic (a little tatty), paid £220 for both and got them to throw in the full Sopranos box set!

A good days buying, cheers for the tip sir!

Russ.