Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

New: Sign up and get 20% off tickets for the London Bass Guitar Show - and we'll see you there!

Sibob

Drummer wanted post-haste

Hello one and all,

We (bassist and guitarist) are on the hunt for a drummer to complete our instrumental trio after losing our previous one to emigration. We play original music of a math rock, gypsy jazz leaning. We currently rehearse around north London, work full time, have families but are dedicated to getting some fun gigs, and more importantly, putting out some interesting recorded music. 

We have an EP for your listening pleasure on our Bandcamp page: http://corybantic.bandcamp.com/releases
If the above tickles your fancy, then we would very much like to hear from you.

Cheers,
Si

Edited by Sibob

You're allowed to bump more often than every 10 months, Si ...

11 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

You're allowed to bump more often than every 10 months, Si ...

I like to give people time to digest the material ;)

Si

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lawriemacmillan
      5 String 'Jazz' type pickups for Sadowsky basses and other instruments with the same pickup routing.
      Neck and Bridge position models.
      94mm long by 18mm wide.
      Used condition.
      http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/lawriemacmillan/library/Sadowsky Pickups?sort=3&page=1
      £90 posted.
      €110 shipped to continental Europe.

• By GisserD
      I may well regret this... 
      Im putting for sale my new fender bass baught 1 year ago. It' without a shadow of a doubt the best fender jazz I ever heard/played. You just have to see what bill can do with his to se how capable it is. 
      It's in as new condition. Never giged. Only out the case a handful of times really as I realise I prefer my sandberg.
      More pics will follow. 
      Will consider a tasty P 5er trade. Or exotic 5er. 
      Price is shipped as the case is superb, I don' think even royal mail could damage it. 

• By iSeal95
      Price: £1200
      Trade Value: £1400
      Specs -
      Body: Swamp Ash
      Neck: Rock Maple
      Fretboard: Ebony
      Frets: 24
      Pickups: EMG 40P (neck) EMG 40CS (bridge)
      Electronics: John East Uni Pre 4
      Tuners: Hipshot USA Clover
      Bridge: ABM Rolling Bridge
      Scale: 35"

Here we have a beautiful, hand built and great sounding instrument, very versatile with a P bass pickup in the neck (soap-bar casing) and a warm soap-bar pickup in the bridge. Hand built in Camden by the wonderful Martin over at The Bass Gallery. Professionally set-up and cleaned recently!

This bass would retail around £3000 if it were built today to these specs. "Quoted from the builder"

This bass is the last black bass that Sei made. The bass has a super comfortable body, the extra contours and shallow cutaway make for easy access.

This bass does have a few marks but these are purely cosmetic.
      Comes with a fitted Sadowsky Hard case.

Located in London (Finchley) I am also willing to send at the buyers expense.

• By udo
      I am trying to seriously cut down on the number of basses I have, hence I am putting this beautiful player up for sale.
      I bought it new in July 2017 from Dawsons, it has never been gigged and no dings or issues. Some superficial belt buckle traces at the back, I tried to capture them.
      Currently strung with TI flats, sounds heavenly and plays heavenly.
      I still have the original white pickguard and it comes with both, the black one and the white one.
      Not much else to say really, apart from that this is a beautifully crafted instrumented, the new line of Fender Pro basses is really superb.
      I am based in SE London but happy to travel a bit as well for a meet up.

• By Apothem
      For those of you who are not familiar with Fclef, they are an American boutique whose ties with Fodera go back a number of years (for instance, Fodera NYC line has been produced for some time by the same people as Fclef's, and also as dealers). They make tremendous, high-end basses, and are well established in the USA, although still less this side of the Pond.

Expect to pay Sadowsky NYC prices, starting around 4,000 USD for a 4-string like this one, 20% VAT, 4% import duty, plus shipping to the UK.... for a total equivalent to more than £3,800!! To get an idea of their quality, the guy in the following link paid 5,200 USD for a new 5-stringer with a couple of options in 2013, and he had a discount too!!

https://www.talkbass...guitar.1255640/

On Youtube you can see several videos of Tamas Barabas (Tomika here on BassChat), Marcus Miller, Federico Malaman and others playing Fclef basses.

What we have here is a Jazz FCLEF 4 CUSTOM SERIES in Black nitro, vintage neck with white binding and pearloid blocks, designed to look and sound as a '70s Fender Jazz clone when in passive mode, and as a slightly more modern take when active. Some of the pics were taken in a very airy front room full of daylight, others in the case, in a small back room without natural room, hence the apparent contrast.

Full size ash body, slim maple neck, Seymour Duncan Custom Vintage single coils in '70s position, 18V Fodera / Mike Pope 2-EQ preamp (Michael Pope is the guy behind all Fodera preamps: this is a very transparent piece of kit, it adds a touch of hi-fi without changing much the tone of the bass: volume / tone control working both in active and passive, pan, treble cut/boost, bass cut/boost; gain trimmer in the electronics cavity). Pickup bell cover included (although I have misplaced the screws... sorry). Set with a very straight neck and low action. Standard 19mm strings spacing adjustable by 0.5mm. 4.4kg / 10lbs. Comes in a black tolex case (Warwick, I believe) with black velour interior, with keys, in good shape and in full working order (handle, latches, hinges....).

The bass is 100% original and with very light signs commensurate with normal use: a little tarnish on the bridge pickup polepieces and some patina on the tuning keys, the customary scuffs on the headstock, a very little knock through the finish the size of a nail's head on the bottom edge of the body, and in general some grazing/swirls/light scratches really only visible at an angle (on the pickguard and here and there on or behind the body, as a light buckle rash), although all superficial and nothing affecting in any way the sound or the playability. Overall purely minor cosmetic factors to be expected on an instrument that is not new anymore and has seen light use, not abuse. Excellent neck, fingerboard and frets.

Price is £1,700 plus shipping, paid with a bank transfer like I usually do here on BC, please. REALISTIC OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED (but please no lowballs 400/500 quid off...). I will only post through the UPS website, as most couriers and all the agents like Interparcel do not insure musical instruments above £1,000 (and in order to fulfil UPS requirements, it will be shipped without batteries, please have your 2 x 9V ready). That makes is £40 for a mainland UK tracked and insured shipment (excl. some remote postcodes and some islands): because of the hefty insurance, the real shipping cost is actually higher but I will absorb the difference in order to remain somewhat competitive.
      Sorry, no trades considered.

BassChatters with an established history and reputation / feedback on the forum but living outside the UK (although in EU) may contact me, otherwise this is strictly a UK sale. The bass will also be very soon on eBay in order to appeal to the largest possible audience.

You can find my feedback at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for looking.

Claz