Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) Yamaha SLB200 - Silent Bass Excellent Condition - Price Drop to £1700 (RRP £2449)
£1800

I'm selling my Yamaha SLB200 (excellent condition) Electric Upright Bass (with bow), including original semi-soft padded case, manual and cloth.

I bought this bass in early 2014, after trying a range of electric uprights before choosing this 3/4 size Yamaha, which was the easy winner for quality of tone and realism, especially for bowing. None of the other electric uprights came close in my own mini shoot-out although this was the priciest. It is also great for packing down and being portable.

I'm also including a budget bow and resin which I purchased at the same time as the bass.

As a professional player in London, I had bought it to use on a few songs on the cast recording of a West End show (Stephen Ward) and also on the very short run of the show (which closed after a few weeks). It was never gigged outside of a theatre pit or recording studio and since then it hasn't been played and has been sitting safe and sound in my attic.

Here are the official specs and ad from Yamaha:

The Yamaha SLB200 Electric Double Bass compact design makes this instrument brilliant for gigging musicians who can't carry around an acoustic double bass all the time. Featuring a high quality piezo pickup, this instrument is easy to connect to any PA or amp as well as producing a realistic and warm double bass sound. Side supports also give superb comfort as well as plenty of versatility that you would expect from an electric bass. The instrument comes with a soft case, 9V battery, mute and wrench and is setup with D'addario Helicore Pizzicato strings.

The current RRP is £2449 on gear4music etc... so you'll grab a bargain here. Price drop to £1700
[attachment=241769:IMG_1059.JPG][attachment=241770:IMG_1060.jpg]q[attachment=241775:IMG_1061.jpg][attachment=241776:IMG_1062.jpg][attachment=241777:IMG_1063.JPG][attachment=241768:IMG_1057.JPG]

Edited by hestan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...