Why become a member? ×

Calendar for the new year?

EBS_freak

Isn't it about time we started thinking about a calendar for new year? Yeah, everybody has seen the Fender custom shop one... but that doesn't really cater that well for bass players.

How about we create our own calendar based on photo submissions by our own communities basses? Who knows, if there is enough interest, we could put it into production!

It doesn't matter what you've got, post your calendar babes here. A little missive to put with the picture could be nice?!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='313266' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:08 PM']sounds great :) Basschat calendar - I'd buy one. Maybe we can hold votes on what pics for what month etc...?[/quote]

Yup. That would be good... but it looks like nobody else is interested!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='313618' date='Oct 24 2008, 10:34 AM']Your avatar has given me an idea. How about we get headshots of loads of basses? Sorry to all those with headless basses![/quote]

One of the pictures could be made up of people’s avatars?

so how do we go about this then? Does anyone know anything about publishing/designing something like this? Just thinking that there’s not much of the year left so we’d have to get a shift on if they were going to be ready for shipping out to people before Christmas/new year…

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='313653' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:20 AM']so how do we go about this then? Does anyone know anything about publishing/designing something like this? Just thinking that there’s not much of the year left so we’d have to get a shift on if they were going to be ready for shipping out to people before Christmas/new year…[/quote]

Might just be too late now tbh, once its sorted & ready to go it will probably have crept in to November. Cool idea though, I'd buy one. :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='313653' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:20 PM']so how do we go about this then? Does anyone know anything about publishing/designing something like this? Just thinking that there’s not much of the year left so we’d have to get a shift on if they were going to be ready for shipping out to people before Christmas/new year…[/quote]

One idea is to use someone like www.foto.com*
they have an onlne editor, if someone took the time to make a calendar then they could post the file on here. then anyone who wants one can download the file, log on to the site, upload and order their own calendar. I think they're about 8 quid or so, but this means no bulk buying, and worrying about covering the costs of mass production, no hassle for anyone to post out to members etc.

*just an example, there's probably loads of print-houses who do this

Hi

I work in Print and Publishing, so I have a pretty decent knowledge of all things Print !
Well 25 years and counting.

It would be very easy to put together in your standard calander format, the hard bit would be choosing quality interesting pix that will reproduce at approx A3

Best option would be to have it Digitally printed as you dont really have any minimum run although there is an initial set up cost, then spiral binding and finally packing and postage.

I will ask my local digital printer to give me an idea of cost all in and take it from there.

Money is also an issue as I couldn't put the money upfront and hope to get it back, unless a couple of our forum sponsors would like chip in ?

I'll get an approx cost, so we can suck it and see.

Cheers
Ade

[quote name='Galilee' post='313677' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:59 AM']* lurks and waits for someone to suggest a naked bass players calendar *[/quote]

Oooh great I can't wait so see the pic of Dood, tastefully posing with his long flowing locks, maybe taken in black and white with his DOODLE HANGING OUT FOR THE LADS !

No thanks fella !

[quote name='Galilee' post='313677' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:59 AM']* lurks and waits for someone to suggest a naked bass players calendar *[/quote]

Ooooh, you just beat me to it :huh:

[quote name='Adee' post='313707' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:27 PM']Oooh great I can't wait so see the pic of Dood, tastefully posing with his long flowing locks, maybe taken in black and white with his DOODLE HANGING OUT FOR MRS TINMAN!

No thanks fella ![/quote]

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brow: :unsure:

Nekkid Basschatters, YAY :lol:

(not that I'm offering my services, you'd only all be very jealous of Tinman having me all to himself :lol: ) [i]NOT![/i] :huh:

Errmmm, Basschatters' wives? :)

OK, I go back to Off Topic where I can do less harm :huh: :o

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='313734' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:55 PM']Here's one I prepared earlier ...

[attachment=15144:Subtle.jpg]

I'm proud of the way I've kept my figure.

:)[/quote]

[url="http://woots.homestead.com/hotbassbabes.html"]http://woots.homestead.com/hotbassbabes.html[/url] - Bass has never been sexier :huh:

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='313734' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:55 PM']Here's one I prepared earlier ...

[attachment=15144:Subtle.jpg]

I'm proud of the way I've kept my figure.

:)[/quote]
Lookin' good there Happy Jack!

Hmmm, so as not to infringe censorship legislation, some us would need to pose behind Thunderbirds, whilst others would make do with a Chapman stick. Outtoplayjazz would probably need his double bass, whilst at least one I know would be OK with just a plectrum.

Personally, my “P” would cover it.

Oh, and two 8x10’s of course :huh: