Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

It's a...BB3000MA with org. hardcase and org. strap, tool and keys for the hardcase. I would love to have a green one but could not let this go by...

When played it with the old strings (prob. org too) I thought it was DEAD.  With new D'addario steel strings it sings and growls wonderful. How and why can anyone do this to an instrument ??? It had a thumb rest glued on that had to go. Silly thing!  A wonderfull bass indeed!!! 🙂 Happy! 

BBma.jpg

BBma3 (2).jpeg

BBma4.jpeg

Edited by gobasserk
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I have no doubt. 1 x White Pearl, 1 x Black on way. Both still cheaper than 1 white pearl from local guy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Forgive me for asking as I’m guessing you mentioned elsewhere - who’s doing them for you and how much? Toying with getting my 435 one done in tort.

Guest MoJo
1 hour ago, richardd said:

Thanks guys,Yes a 1100 s Trying to date it but the dating site  😊 is a bit vague.Anybody help,SN 1121120 cheers ☺

Was it made in Taiwan?

Sorry couldn't resist making the 1900th post on this ridiculously active thread about basses which some of us clearly love a LOT!

I think the 40 pages or so we've posted since the start of 2019 have entirely coincided with a certain Andy Travis getting back his Yammy bug!! 😄