Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

9 hours ago, gobasserk said:

Hi guys.... is this worth 350 Euros? Will have a look at it tonight, noticed the not org. bad a.s.s. bridge that is not sitting on top of the body ...it is immerged into the wood...

Screenshot at 2019-04-25 12:41:43.png

I think based on prices that BB1100s have gone for in the UK recently, that does seem about right in terms of pricing although, as you say, the set up of the replacement bridge leaves a bit of a question-mark. But @AndyTravis is better placed than me to comment on that as he's had plenty of BB repair and refurbish experience.

I did not even go to have a personal look at it. While posting the pics, the one of the bridge turned me off so much that I called it off. I like a proper pimpin' on a bass but this was to much for me. Was offered a  Taiwanese BB300 in a stunning condition for 280 Euros yesterday... thinking.. 🙂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I’d not want to pay huge amounts for that. £450 is enough to get a totally clean one. £200-£250 is the most I’d go for on this example 

Looks like they've tried to sink it into the body like on the Attitude 3 for a lower action. Looks rough though 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cairobill said:

Could just be the owner modding it and trying to accommodate the badass design but that kind of thing also suggests the through neck is bowing inwards, which is bad news and indicative of a lemon...

Don't disagree with your sentiment, but I thought the BB1100 and BB1100S were bolt-on rather than through-neck?

51 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Don't disagree with your sentiment, but I thought the BB1100 and BB1100S were bolt-on rather than through-neck?

They are

Neck through BBs

The above exchange on the 1100 got me thinking...the neck through Yamaha BBs that I'm aware of are:

1200 / 1200S (4 string only)

1300 (4 string only) - was there an S (active) version of this?

2000 (4 string only) - was there an S (active) version of this?

3000 / 3000A (4 string only)

5000 / 5000A (5 string only)

NE2 (5 string, some 6s?) - only NT currently still in production (the NE1 was a bolt on I believe).

What am I missing? Pics please!

Edited by Al Krow

@ReggaebassThat's a sweet looking rig! If a Markbass cab handles the low B well for reggae then no one should be in any doubt that it can handle it well for anything! 

49 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Very impressive bigsmoke 👍 love it 

+1 ^^ that's one fine Trav and a half!

Although to (mis)quote Cuzzie, they do appear to be lacking 4 strings 😉

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1