Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

And @Al Krow this is up for sale in Liverpool.

039B3EE4-19E5-47AC-AD59-76864FC638D5.png

Oddly, that’s been up for sale for several weeks now. I’d be fine with 16mm spacing - my first ever 5er had 17mm spacing and I found it really comfortable for fingerstyle. Which is perhaps a bit strange since I have huge hands!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M@23 said:

My BBP35 is up for sale, if anyone is looking 😭

If I could afford to keep it and get something else I would, but early onset OA at the tender age of 32 means I need to get a bass made of helium. 

Gutted! 

Really sorry to hear about the OA Mark, that's rough.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Allaboutthebass said:

Thanks to Mr Travis I now have the BB Bug. I have his old BB1100s and a BB234 which I got for a steal from ebay (kindly pointed out by The Greek sometime ago)

I'm so happy with them I want to move up the range.

Upon this very boutique there is a very nice BB3000 and a gorgeous P34.

Whilst I can find lots of information on the P34, the info on the BB3000 is a little on the sparse side.

Any info on the difference between the 2 greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neck through 3000, it’s the pinnacle of the bb range. 

The P34 is a posh version of the new models.

if it were my choice (and I wish it was)

that 3000 is perfection 

The body dimensions on the older BB’s are slightly different, they’ve slimmed down the new range a little... slightly ironic given they’re ‘broad basses’.

The new ones also have standard pickup dimensions which means more retro-fitting potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allaboutthebass said:

Missed it. That will teach me, I should have got it before we had the BBQ. Oh well, i'm sure another will turn up.....

Snooze over a BBQ... but what a great way to be spending Easter on a day like today! 😎 

Well you could maybe console yourself with an almost new BB734A in the FS,  which is on for a good price. I suspect you may love it :)

Interestingly the BB5000A that Andy mentioned a few posts back doesn't seem to be shifting quite so quickly... 

Edited by Al Krow

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Thoughts on pricing chaps? About right, given the ding in the headstock?

I'm about to pm the seller, so views welcome! 

Seems fair to me. 

Sure you wouldn't rather a special BC deal on a BBP35?! 🙃😁

I mean, you already have two white ones. 

Edited by M@23

26 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Seems fair to me. 

Sure you wouldn't rather a special BC deal on a BBP35?! 🙃😁

I mean, you already have two white ones. 

I'm always up for a special BC deal Mark! But isn't @P-T-P already after yours (just needs to get his BBP34 away)...

My only hesitation is that one of my 'whites' (BB1025) is just playing really sweetly right now and I'm not sure whether I would notice / appreciate the step up to your luverly bass. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm always up for a special BC deal Mark! But isn't @P-T-P already after yours (just needs to get his BBP34 away)...

My only hesitation is that one of my 'whites' (BB1025) is just playing really sweetly right now and I'm not sure whether I would notice / appreciate the step up to your luverly bass. 

Yes, you're right, he was keen 😊 the offer extends to any of the Yammy club, really. Would like to A/B it with an older BB. Sadowsky are revered for their necks, but to me, this stands above it for shape and feel. 

11 minutes ago, Allaboutthebass said:

I'm already working on P-T-P to get his P34.......suspect he may well come knocking for the P35 if I can close a deal with him.

When I didnt get the BB3000 I put some of the cash saved towards a replacement bike, and just need to top the cash up!

AndyT and I will disagree on this but, whilst they are both likely to be great instruments, personally I would go for an almost new BBP34 over a 30 year old BB3000 every time if they were similarly priced. YMMV etc. 

Edited by Al Krow

Appreciate it's not a BB, but I've not seen much in the way of recent Yammy TRB threads, so I'm just gonna leave this here.

Is it just me - or does this bass sound pretty darned good (and it's not bad looking either!)? 

For £600 new it seems to be yet another LOTTA bass from Yammy.

Looks like a 505 with a fancy top as far as I can see! I tried a 505 and 305 in a shop and the cheaper 305 sounded much better to me. A bit like the difference between Ibanez SRs with the pokier Nordstrand pickups vs the more neutral / bland Barts.

Edited by dannybuoy

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Appreciate it's not a BB, but I've not seen much in the way of recent Yammy TRB threads, so I'm just gonna leave this here.

Is it just me - or does this bass sound pretty darned good (and it's not bad looking either!)? 

For £600 new it seems to be yet another LOTTA bass from Yammy.

My trbx605 is my main player atm and as it stands will remain that way until they release a MiJ version. The line is still in early days yet but I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDWagstaff said:

My trbx605 is my main player atm and as it stands will remain that way until they release a MiJ version. The line is still in early days yet but I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it 

You say the line is in its early days, I thought the TRB series had been around for a while, or are you just referring to the 600 series? 

The EQ seems to be the same unit as in the BB 735A ie 3 band EQ, pup selector + blend, volume and a switch to go from passive to active? And pups are both MM style humbuckers?

I agree the natural finish looks good!